The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Mike Babcock in town to meet with Aquilini family...

Rate this topic

N4ZZY

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Came across this on Twitter: 

Leads me to think that maybe Green's tenure as head coach is coming to an end....

Thoughts on Babcock replacing potentially Green? 

I normally wouldn't be a fan of Babcock due to the way he verbally and emotionally abuses players (allegedly), but this could be a good thing in Petey and Brock's case.  Lets see what these guys are made of.  The three best players in our organizational history (twins and Bure), passed with flying colours with our two toughest coaches (Torts and Keenan) and so lets see what our current pansy superstars are truly made of.  

As long as they don’t hire Julien I’ll be happy.

That would be way too reminiscent of when we hired Keenan after losing the cup to the Rangers. It would wreak of desperation.

Only thing to top that off would be trading a kings a ransom for Bergeron just to complete it.

Hopefully the Aquilinis learned their Canucks history before taking over.

• Vintage 1

This "report" is BS.

First clue is posted by a nobody.

Second clue is anytime anyone says "hearing" such and such you know it is nonsense.

U of S in town to play the Thunderbirds this weekend that is all to report here. Can we shut this down now please?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I think Babcock could command instant respect because he's won at the NHL level. Can't say the same for Green, and it's not like the organization hasn't given him a chance to do that. Five years. 

Hard to say how Petey would perform under Babcock. I wonder if Green is too soft on Pettersson. Anyone think this might be the case? Does Petey need some tough love to get the best out of him? I mean, Green limited his minutes yesterday against Pitts to the point where if I only saw the stats, I'd think Petey was a bottom six player. 

Dunno why you guys criticize Pettersson being limited minutes. Hes not playing well, minutes cut, it's logical and the best move. Green has done it too late imo. 

Marner was also playing on the 4th line for the Leafs some time ago wasn't he? 

If Pettersson is elite, like Marner, he can use those 12 minutes of ice time, create something and climb back up. Can he take the adversity? 

• Vintage 1

Babcock is not the type of guy our owners hire.  Not saying that this isn't true just saying he is out of the mold.

One thing for sure is that if Babcock coached these guys you would find out real quick what was here for talent.

4 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

If they were obsessed with their public image, Green would have been gone weeks ago instead of letting it get as bad as it is now. 

that's not at all the same thing. it's not about pandering to the moronic ravings of your fans, it's about covering your ass to make sure scandal doesn't get you. losing hockey games doesn't count. 

Just now, appleboy said:

Babcock is not the type of guy our owners hire.  Not saying that this isn't true just saying he is out of the mold.

One thing for sure is that if Babcock coached these guys you would find out real quick what was here for talent.

Except they are the ones that hired Tortorella.

This would actually be right up their alley when you think about it.

Just now, tas said:

that's not at all the same thing. it's not about pandering to the moronic ravings of your fans, it's about covering your ass to make sure scandal doesn't get you. losing hockey games doesn't count. 

Aquilini, is that you?

You really are a suck up. 

Just now, DeNiro said:

Except they are the ones that hired Tortorella.

This would actually be right up their alley when you think about it.

Torts wasn't used to getting payed 7 mil.  They hire management that will work for cheap.  Torts was definitely a stretch for them also. He got like 2 mil a year?

I think.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Lock this thread.  It’s poppycock.  

45 minutes ago, longsuffering said:

Ditto

41 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

where our mods at!?!? Lock it up already, no legit source and he is intown coaching his team against UBC... We are that desperate for some news we have people with time on their hands on social media making crap up that CDC with cling on too...

As a rumour, yeah it’s crap. But as Speculation it’s barely passable. At least it gives us something to talk about. I’ve seen a few Babcock rumours going around. Not sure how much I buy into it, but it’s better than going around in circles in the PGT.