The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Mike Babcock in town to meet with Aquilini family...

Rate this topic

N4ZZY

Just now, DeNiro said:

A president could already be in the works, and after that a coaching hire could be made.

A GM doesn’t necessarily have to be hired before the coach IMO. A GM would be brought in who is willing to work with the coach already in place.

True, but do you really think that ownership is just going to hand the reins over to someone? I doubt it. I have been a fan since 82, and this ownership scares me. The Griffiths knew how to handle the team. Let PQ do what he wants lol!

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

I normally wouldn't be a fan of Babcock due to the way he verbally and emotionally abuses players (allegedly), but this could be a good thing in Petey and Brock's case.  Lets see what these guys are made of.  The three best players in our organizational history (twins and Bure), passed with flying colours with our two toughest coaches (Torts and Keenan) and so lets see what our current pansy superstars are truly made of.  

Mogilny was up there too and we know how it went when Keenan tried ripping into him.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

His team sucked cause Matthews and Marner are floaters that you can’t win with in the playoffs. Their stats speak for themselves.

Babcock coming in and trying to get them to work harder was what they needed. The team chose the players over the coach though.

Floaters don’t get used on the PK, in reference to Marner. Arguably, one of the top 5 defensive wingers in the league.

You may have a case for Matthews, though.

• Cheers 2

46 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

I've been saying this for some time.  The players need better structure and a good kick in the behind.  I've heard mixed things with Babs but right now his temperment could be a good thing.

Babcock any day.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Crazy is the fans that would rather see Willie D back over Green. I want Green gone too, but sheesh. 

I'd put a pylon on the bench with a photo of Willie D drooling over Megna taped to it over Green right now. 

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Came across this on Twitter: 

Leads me to think that maybe Green's tenure as head coach is coming to an end....

Thoughts on Babcock replacing potentially Green? 

Or, it could mean that Babcock is being considered for a job as an assistant coach... in Abbotsford.

regards,  G.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

A president could already be in the works, and after that a coaching hire could be made.

A GM doesn’t necessarily have to be hired before the coach IMO. A GM would be brought in who is willing to work with the coach already in place.

So they're going to fire both Benning and Green and also hire a polarizing and domineering coach like Babcock?  They might but they'll have a heck of a time hiring a GM to work with him. 

He's going to want at least 5 x 5 too. That's job security in itself.  Who wants to be paying that out for 4 more years if it doesn't work out. 

The Babs rumour is just that.  FA would have to be mental.

• Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, combover said:

Babcock and Blackhawk sound to much alike and hate the Blackhawk’s. So I’m a no on babhawk 

I don't see the connection that you're trying to make here. Did Babcock do something on the same scale as Brad Aldrin? No.