The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

7 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Nope I didn’t.    
In fact, there are a couple just above my post where I said it wasn’t happening. Lol.  
This seems to be really important to you. 
Do you want me to just say ‘ok, Byram is on his way.  That’s why he isn’t playing tonight’??

Yup, and say it hundreds of times. Also, both those posts were saying they wouldn't give up Byram. No one suggested that was the trade. Lol

Edited by Shayster007

35 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

21 year old dman scoring at .5ppg.  

Aging player who is obviously not going to sustain this, as he never has before in his career, and about to become a UFA and seeking an anchor of a contract.  

Im not saying Bo isn’t worth a good package, I’m saying there is no way the Avs are trading their recent 4th overall who is developing well. 

Newhook and a pick is fair. 

Byrams had injury issues since he came into the league it hurts his value. he’s only played 10 games this season hes good when he’s not hurt. Is he playing tonight I think he’s injured. (Edit) Out with a lower body injury and has suffered 3 concussion his value is probably pretty low. 

newhook and a pick they’d need to add something else 

there first is basically a second. 

We’d have to take cap dump back and that would have a cost to. 
So 

Edited by combover
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, combover said:

Byrams had injury issues since he came into the league it hurts his value. he’s only played 10 games this season hes good when he’s not hurt. Is he playing tonight I think he’s injured. (Edit) Out with a lower body injury and has suffered 3 concussion his value is probably pretty low. 

So 

I’ll agree that Newhook and a 1rst doesn’t really do it for me. I thought he was going to stick at Center but last year was 35% on FO and so far this year he’s 32%. Likely looking like a winger which we don’t need more of. I’d still gamble on Byram if they were interested in moving him for Horvat. But if they aren’t then I don’t really like anything else they have. There’d be other teams that have good prospects in positions of need for us.

Edited by flickyoursedin

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

Ok.   Enough is enough. 
Bo can’t keep up this goal scoring all season. 
16!?! 

Trade the guy and do it now!

His value can’t get any higher than it is now.  
Just tied for the league lead.   

Watch, they'll continue to float around .500, hold on to him, and have him walk for nothing in the offseason as we pick 13th overall 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Bo will either re-sign or be traded 

Any news with regards to Bo's contractual status? 

Been crickets on that front....

Leads me to believe all kinds of things about him (none of it good). 

Well, at least the team won tonight. Most media and fans didn't think the team could win against Colorado. 

Bear is looking good, and he seems to be a good partner for OEL. 

10 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Any news with regards to Bo's contractual status? 

Been crickets on that front....

Leads me to believe all kinds of things about him (none of it good). 

Well, at least the team won tonight. Most media and fans didn't think the team could win against Colorado. 

Bear is looking good, and he seems to be a good partner for OEL. 

Nah, not a peep as far as I know

Whatever's going on is hush hush 

11 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

They did bet on the wrong horse, and Bo leaving would be devastating to this current group's ability to compete. But I think whatshisname was right, I do think he's tired of losing. He's made the playoffs twice as a Canuck and one of those playoff experiences was forever ago with a Sedin-led team. They're still a longshot to make it this season, I think he opts for a fresh start elsewhere.

Maybe he extends with a team that trades for him, maybe he doesn't. But I don't think it's just about money at this point, I think Bo's ready for a fresh start somewhere else. He's almost 28 and careers don't last forever, if he wants to make the playoffs consistently there's a good chance it'll have to be somewhere else. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

19 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

21 year old dman scoring at .5ppg.  

Aging player who is obviously not going to sustain this, as he never has before in his career, and about to become a UFA and seeking an anchor of a contract.  

Im not saying Bo isn’t worth a good package, I’m saying there is no way the Avs are trading their recent 4th overall who is developing well. 

Newhook and a pick is fair. 

Isn’t Newhook a lhd and not a rhd?

Trying to find a silver lining in the scenario if Bo is traded and I guess it would be he should garner us a coveted RHD and a 1st round pick which is why if he isn't going to re-sign then he must be moved for assets and not allowed to walk ala Tanev/Markstrom

• There it is 1

20 hours ago, combover said:

So 

Agreed. Anybody making a play for Byram will have to accept two things:

1) he will have a career hampered by injury and will be an LTIR candidate each season - hard to define a lineup when you have players like that. 

2) COL will want the moon for him and the ask and eventual deal will exceed the value given up. Right now I imagine they’d do a 1 for 1 swap with Bo and Byram, and we need to fetch more than just that if trading Bo out