The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 19, 2021 GAME POSTPONED (Was Arizona @ Vancouver) - PLEASE KEEP IT TO HOCKEY RELATED TALK

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

10 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Problem is, the asymptomatic players can be spreading it to others so that hardly does any good.  The idea is to prevent clusters and outbreaks by quickly identifying and isolating cases, which testing everyone can help with.

I also feel a shut down until the New Year is likely a better big picture plan as dabbling and reacting seems to allow things to really escalate quickly.

I love my hockey, but short term pain for long term (keep a season intact) gain.

I get tested every week, its not a big deal. Takes 30 seconds, whats the problem with that? people that have more risk should be tested more often.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

11 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Why does Canuck hockey seem so long ago? Gotta post something hockey related so..

Two beautiful goals, both off high quality passes. Hard to choose a favourite.

F11AF6DA-D2B2-4A52-AA74-A720CCDB3300.gif

973A1491-0DE6-408D-BBF9-7B7EB9AB4BA4.gif

I like the Horvat goal.   He got down low to make sure he could deflect it in.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Why does Canuck hockey seem so long ago? Gotta post something hockey related so..

Two beautiful goals, both off high quality passes. Hard to choose a favourite.

F11AF6DA-D2B2-4A52-AA74-A720CCDB3300.gif

973A1491-0DE6-408D-BBF9-7B7EB9AB4BA4.gif

Im going with Podz for the extra emotion shown as my favourite :)

Bos was ‘nicer’ tho, besides Quinns insane iq shown -_-

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

YouTube recommended a Canucks Mic’d up video a year ago featuring Jake Virtanen’s smiling face. I wonder what Jake could have been able to accomplish if he had been lucky enough to stay and play for # Bruce There It Is.   

Too bad and sad that Jake was not lucky enough to be coached by BB who know how to bring each player’s potential and full strength to win

GCG:canucks::towel:

• Cheers 3
  • RoughGame 1

Hockey feels like a lifetime ago, and it’s only been two days since the games have been cancelled. And I think the next two games have also been canceled as well.

Pretty sure our next game, we’re going to lose with all the momentum we’ve lost during our six game winning streak. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Cromeslab said:

If that’s what it takes then yes..

gonna be longer than that, covid/and the various variants will be with us till the end of time, so minus well buckle up and enjoy little to no sports for a few years,  cause next out break which will happen and nhl season will go on hold, than play, than on hold etc etc  , rinse and repeat

Well EP40 is happy, he can go play some more online FPS games, since they are on this long break....maybe once NHL comeback next year, EP40 will be of EP40 of old not this overpaid, LE clone , think EP is what 7th on our stats page, have to check  ( and i think he is the highest paid? him and Hughes,but alteast hughes is earning his new contract ) 

Edited by x00x
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • RoughGame 4

5 hours ago, stawns said:

So just "go for it" is the way you'd want to go with this variant?

What we should be going for, is a Stanley Cup.   For the first time since Keenan took over, we actually have a team with a ton of assets that could be used to break the cycle of - well not winning a cup.   Imagine having Bure, Mogilny and Linden in their primes as trade chips!   Plus a lot of very good support players ... Gelinas.   Walker.   Messier! (lol a joke ... but still why not sign and trade?) ... I suppose that MG also had some of that too ...  Nonis had to wait for the WCE era guys cap hits to go away and was let go for it ... And MG used those savings on Mats freaking Sundin lol.    Just picked a random covid post - which i'm also guilty of on the GDT/PGT the last couple days - to try and get the hockey talk back where it should be.    Covid thread has a couple thousand pages by now i'm sure ... lots to discuss there.    

Hockey around Christmas is usually a great pastime.   And New Years...we had some epic tilts with PHI if i remember right, really angry fight filled affairs, high scoring too.     Hockey for sure provides a very nice escape for fans these days.   Can't wait for it to be back.  

• Vintage 1

10 hours ago, Rindiculous said:

I read an article today about pandemic fatigue.  They said that as the pandemic wears on further, people rationalize decisions far less.  Doctors stated that if there are more restrictions imposed, not only will people feel more reluctant and defiant to follow those new regulations, but also push back and stop following the current regulations which would be avoided by just keeping the status quo.  So really the only thing the government is accomplishing right now is making people to listen to the government less than ever.

Yes, people were definitely tired of COVID-19, which was why many people flagrant defied the early regulations, such as masks and vaccines.

:rolleyes:

The article is making excuses for human behaviour that had already existed for COVID

• Vintage 1