The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Tuesday, January 11, 2022 Vancouver Canucks @ Florida Panthers at 4:00 pm on  SNP TV and SNP650 Radio

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

36 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

If Miller wants to step up and be our #1 C while Pettersson works through his problems and tries to get his groove back then I love this guy even more now.

Yeah, that is a significant advantage and luxury afforded to Petey by having Miller.

If Miller would re-sign for 5 years x 7.5 deal or 4 years at 8-8.5 mil, it's almost a no brainer to re-sign him. 

He doesn't come off as a guy who will relax after signing a retirement contract (a la Loui Player Name). But then again, maybe his body will give up on him.

We trade him at TDL or off season only if we fall back to the earth and finish in the bottom 10 in the league.

55 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

Can we terminate Sutters contact at this point? How was he even medically cleared to sign a contract? Hamonic as well, how were either of these guys signed in the off-season without due diligence being performed. That $4.15 million and two contact spots that could easily been producing for us. 

Sutter signed his contract in July. He wasn’t diagnosed with long COVID until August. 

Hamonic also signed his contract in July. At the time there wasn’t any vaccine mandates. There still isn’t an actual vaccine mandate in the NHL. The teams have their own individual mandates. These mandates didn’t come into effect until September. 

Hamonic was contributing until he was injured. Injuries do happen in the NHL. As for Sutter, he is on LTIR which allows the Canucks to exceed the cap by the amount of his contract. We are currently using LTIR right now on the Sutter and Ferland contracts. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, EmilyM said:

Understandable that not all his issues were his fault. If he were making league min, no one would care but it just seems like his head hasn’t been with the team almost immediately after he signed his extension.

No one can really know for sure what’s going on in his life, but it just seems like it’s always something new with this guy and the frustration with the fanbase is understandable.

Some guys are just living management nightmares, his fault or not, and it wears on a fanbase that would like to see his cap hit allocated otherwise.

100%

On 1/9/2022 at 1:27 PM, Goal:thecup said:

How about we plan for a Contract Tearing Up Ceremony for the last payment to LaGongo?

I'd be down for that! ;) anyway Canucks 9-0  over FLA, hit em like a hurricane and remind them of home. (I still don't know why people live there if boarding up your house becomes like seasons that you KNOW are coming "for sure")

Let em have it boys!!! 

p.s. c'mon Podz! now is the time to really show your slick mitts!

Ok, realistically, I'm hoping 3-1 Canucks. Demko does his thing! GCG! 

Edited by iceman64
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, stawns said:

Im going to tip my "Friends" nerdom a bit here.  What is she swearing at in this gif?

she missed the last canucks game played so it's been even longer than those of us who saw it  ;)

Edited by iceman64
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

Waiting Canucks' game for a long time!

I think BB had sufficient time to understand his team, and Canucks will show what they are.

GCG

wish we had all this time off at the beginning of the season when it actually mattered... 

7 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

wish we had all this time off at the beginning of the season when it actually mattered... 

Lol why? 

So we could continue evaluating DiGuiseppe vs Petan? 

TG would not have done anything productive. 

Im hoping BB made this time useful

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Lol why? 

So we could continue evaluating DiGuiseppe vs Petan? 

TG would not have done anything productive. 

Im hoping BB made this time useful

no for the rest of the team getting used to proper lines without those 2.. in a perfect world of Petey and Hughes signed and in the mix and Hamonic as well.

and after I've had a word with TG to NOT try to play anything but simple fast hockey, hey it's in my perfect world right so I get to do such things! 

Actually that's my biggest thing against him..

Edited by iceman64

15 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

or not being able to figure out a rubix cube... 

Oh crap there’d be a blue haze of cussing swirling around my head all the time! My brain doesn’t work for any kind of puzzle that you have to scramble and unscramble at the same time.