The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks getting calls on Conor Garland

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

A team is only a possible suitor if they have pieces we actually want. Newsflash! They don’t.

That won’t stop Leaf’s media from thinking they can acquire every player though.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I hope we don’t trade Garland right now he’s kind of blocked from getting consistent time with good line mates and top PP time. If they intend to already trade a top 6 player Garland slots into a full time top 6 and is likely worth a better return next deadline if they really want to move him. Contract situations involved I’d prefer to keep Garland over Boeser.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Leafs have literally nothing we need unless we wanna take a flyer on Sandin or Liljegren

Sandin is a lefty. I hope that Rathbone can improve his defence enough to make the team next season.  He has a

similar game.

Liljegren plays on a high scoring team and has similar points to Schenn.  I've heard that his low hockey sense will

keep him as a 3rd pairing, at best.  With Muzzin out long term, the Leafs are desperate for RD's, so they'll be

keeping Litlegem.  In fact, Canucks should trade Poolman or Hamonic to them for Kampf.

8 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Both untouchable from what I read. 

Teams want our best players without giving up their best prospects. I think most of them didn't get the memo that Benning was canned months ago.

did that happen under benning's watch?

3 hours ago, tas said:

did that happen under benning's watch?

No not really lol. I can't thing of any big trades we've lost in the last like 20 years actually. 

Benning a worst is probably baerstchi for the pick that got the flames Andersson. 

But I liked the trade at the time as I was high on SB, there's also no guarantee that we would have picked RA.

12 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Both untouchable from what I read. 

Teams want our best players without giving up their best prospects. I think most of them didn't get the memo that Benning was canned months ago.

If Benning were still GM, trades would already have been made, and not necessarily in our favor. 

The fact that no trades have been made yet, means that there's probably negotiations happening. Allvin and Rutherford and the rest of the staff already doing a much better job working their angles through the media. A breath of fresh air. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Outsiders said:

What about a Garland + for Nylander?

Garland would put up roughly the same amount of pts as Willy in TOR and he is 2 mill cheaper. The Laughs defs need to shed cap and address goaltending... 

Thoughts? Or am I out to lunch :lol:?

We're not in a position to take on that 2 mill though.   Maybe if they took Poolman too.  They need RD depth, and he's currently on LTIR so they may be able to make the cap work till playoffs).

Edited by Jayinblack

8 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

If Benning were still GM, trades would already have been made, and not necessarily in our favor. 

The fact that no trades have been made yet, means that there's probably negotiations happening. Allvin and Rutherford and the rest of the staff already doing a much better job working their angles through the media. A breath of fresh air. 

There were always negotiations happening during the season, regardless of who the GM is, but things don't work out in the end for whatever reason.

Since no trades have been made yet then, that would imply that Benning did a good job that Rutherford doesn't think a change is needed, no? Or is this some kind of weird logic that Rutherford is a good GM... for doing nothing to the roster?

Edited by Dazzle

TOR wants Schenn.  TOR wants Miller.  TOR wants Garland.

Wow, the Leafs sure like the Canucks.  When the last time VAN fans went "Dang, we gotta get "this" Leaf player"? 

Who do they have though? Liljegren, Sandin, Dermott and Robertson? If I had to guess, VAN gets one of these guys and TOR's 2nd.  But I really hope we give them nothing.  

40 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

We're not in a position to take on that 2 mill though.   Maybe if they took Poolman too.  They need RD depth, and he's currently on LTIR so they may be able to make the cap work till playoffs).

Yup, Garland+Poolman for Nylander would work for me lol

22 hours ago, DeNiro said:

A team is only a possible suitor if they have pieces we actually want. Newsflash! They don’t.

That won’t stop Leaf’s media from thinking they can acquire every player though.

I would send Miller anywhere else as he would likely galvanize the Laffers to a Cup. Can’t you just see JT bitch slapping that crew into accountability.