The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Apr. 21, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Give them credit for grinding their way out of that huge hole Green left for them to work with.  Playing .600+ hockey for months was very admirable and gives us a glimpse into the future.

Does it really? They always have a lackadaisical effort at the start of the year and then play hard. That’s signs of a flawed and bad team.

5 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

Boooo. Not the right result. the last 25 minutes were not played well.

That fight really turned the tide against us. Could've used a powerplay though, I have a hard time believing they were a team of saints in the third. 

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Give them credit for grinding their way out of that huge hole Green left for them to work with.  Playing .600+ hockey for months was very admirable and gives us a glimpse into the future.

Green doesn’t play the game on the ice. It’s on the players. It was good he was let go. What does it say when players all of a sudden start to play to their potential? Tells me that the players just weren’t putting the effort in.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Sad 1

We rode this team as far as we could. 

Dickinson was useless today like the entire season. Can't score? How about throwing a hit on someone. 

JT's high risk/reward play was all risk today. 

Refs were terrible with some really important no calls. 

Garland and Petey were dynamite. 

Schenn and OEL were the only guys holding the other team accountable. While that's impressive for them, It was pretty pathetic for the rest of the team. 

I do not, and I repeat DO NOT want to see Schenn as the only guy that fights next year. For all the talk of the league getting skilled, faster, etc, teams like Tampa, Florida, Calgary, Rangers, and Minny will still be the ones that make it far with toughness and skill mixed in. 

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Green doesn’t play the game on the ice. It’s on the players.

Don't get me started on the defensive structure.  If you don't understand that, then you need more experience with what a coach can do for a team.