The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will you be rooting for in this year's playoffs?

Rate this topic

2022 Playoffs  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Canucks missing the playoffs was very disappointing but seeing the VGK miss was delightful...now if the Leafs get bounced in the first round I will be tickled pink!

Please not a 3 peat by Tampa.

Hopefully we see one of the overall very good teams win it.

On season performance Avs vs Panthers final would be fitting. 

I have Avs vs Panthers in the final with Colorado coming out with the cup.  
Couple of good Canadian kids on the Avs, so I’ll be cheering them on this year.  

I really want to see Toronto and Edmonton out in the first.   
I HATE the flames, but I see that team going far.  I think they lose in game 6-7 to the Avs in the conference final.  

Nobody at this point.  I confess that I'm more of a Canucks fan than a hockey fan. 

I suppose that I'd like to see a Canadian team win the cup but I hate the Leafs, hate the Oilers, and hate the Flames.  Who else is there?  Ha ha, so there's that.

Someone will grow on me, they usually do.  Maybe the Av's.  I'll find out when I watch them play.

On 5/2/2022 at 11:46 AM, Alflives said:

Any team playing a Canadian franchise is who I will root for.  Once all the Canadian teams are out, then the team with the fewest fans to celebrate winning.  

Oh wow. If I had to, I will always root AGAINST other canadian teams not the canucks. 

On 5/2/2022 at 3:35 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It's kind of interesting that some choose to not watch because the Canucks are out. I think playoff hockey is a must watch solely for entertaining hockey. It also gives a good idea of what the Canucks are missing that cup contending teams have that got them this far.

I can't believe people don't watch the first round. It is so good.

There's a line from Boardwalk Empire that has always hit home with me. The character Arnold Rothstein says "When you can't decide, flip a coin. When the coin is in the air, you'll know which result you're hoping for."

I went into the first round with that attitude and I surprisingly found myself hoping for the Leafs, Flames and Oilers to win....at least in the first round.

With the Flames, it might have something to do with my statement a few weeks ago, that they had the best chance of bringing the Cup back to Canada. Usually, my second favorite team is whoever is playing the Flames. (except for the Habs, who are my least favorite team)

As far as Edmonton and Toronto goes, I find myself disliking the Kings more than the Oilers and I just don't want to see the Lightning win again.

That being said, I would cheer for the Avs or the Wild against either Alberta team. The Blues would be another coin toss.

All of that aside, I am with many in the poll. Cheering for the Panthers to win it all.