The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

JT Miller -- Where do you think he will end up?

Rate this topic

HKSR

What team will JT Miller be on by 2023-24? (can pick more than one)  

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

We can get a better deal from NY or LA

NYR won't give up Schneider... what's the package from them gonna look like?

I really hope we don't trade Miller to a division rival.  It'd be brutal to play against Miller 7 to 8 times a year.  Knowing his personality, he'd be Toffoli x 100 vs us.

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I really hope we don't trade Miller to a division rival.  It'd be brutal to play against Miller 7 to 8 times a year.  Knowing his personality, he'd be Toffoli x 100 vs us.

Lundqvist is about 60 spots below Rathbone right now .... Some were fine with that plus a ho-hum roster player and their first.    Suppose that's better then nothing but i'd be fine with Miller back next year and rolling the dice.   Unless we get a deal we just can't refuse, there is no rush. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

15 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Schneider is playing in the playoffs.  Think that ship has sailed.

Unless NYR wants to go heavy with experienced veteran players.

Miller (50% retained) + Myers (50% retained) for Schneider + Kakko + Kratsov + 1st.

:P

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BPA said:

Schneider is playing in the playoffs.  Think that ship has sailed.

Unless NYR wants to go heavy with experienced veteran players.

Miller (50% retained) + Myers (50% retained) for Schneider + Kakko + Kratsov + 1st.

:P

We could dream eh? :)

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

We could dream eh? :)

Yes we can.

A 1st line (99pt) centre/winger + a big top 4 RHD for a mere $6M (cuz retained on both Miller and Myers) might be very enticing to a contending team next year.  

::D

• Cheers 1

Surprised by the amount of people think that think Philly is a possible landing spot. Fletcher is a bad GM but they are starting a youth movement and if  he traded away that high pick in the draft.... get out the pitchforks and torches.

6 hours ago, mll said:

Philadelphia would certainly be interested.  They are not planning to go into a rebuild and instead Fletcher is under pressure to make the playoffs.

Not many people are seeing it your way.  Did you see somewhere that Fletcher is under that kinda pressure?

Too many variables still at play.  We need to see how teams do in the playoffs and who looks like they won't be re-signing their own players and/or might miss out on big UFA targets.

It isn't impossible that Miller is here until after July 1st when teams can actually sign him to an extension with cost certainty and know he wouldn't just be a rental.  That is when those teams will know if they missed out on the UFA market.

Lots of teams, Boston immediately springs to mind. I still think the Rangers would be a good fit but who knows. Columbus, Colorado if they get knocked out earlier than they'd like, Vegas.. the list goes on. 

Vegas is interesting honestly, because I think they've got a real chance. Miller's current deal would kick in right after Pacioretty and Dadonov's expire. I wouldn't be shocked to see him end up there as a UFA. A trade would be a bit trickier. 

If he became available there'd be plenty of suitors though, and I still think he'll be going one way or another. How the playoffs play out will impact it too. 

Edited by Coconuts

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

Not many people are seeing it your way.  Did you see somewhere that Fletcher is under that kinda pressure?

They talked of an "aggressive re-tool" which Fletcher again confirmed in his end of season presser.  Dave Scott is the CEO of Comcast Spectacor that owns the Flyers.   They blamed their lost season primarily on injuries.

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, IBatch said:

Lundqvist is about 60 spots below Rathbone right now .... Some were fine with that plus a ho-hum roster player and their first.    Suppose that's better then nothing but i'd be fine with Miller back next year and rolling the dice.   Unless we get a deal we just can't refuse, there is no rush. 

No rush? I guess until the trade deadline, when every single team knows that the Canucks have to trade him, or else he'll walk for free come the summer.

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

No rush? I guess until the trade deadline, when every single team knows that the Canucks have to trade him, or else he'll walk for free come the summer.

He'll take less than 2m cap space at the trade deadline. How stupid would a GM need to be to let a rival get Miller for peanuts at the deadline? If we're out of the playoffs he'd very likely be the biggest trade piece available and several teams would be competing to snag him for the playoffs. His value won't drop.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

I'll be shocked and a monkeys uncle if JR signs JT Miller for 8 years at $8-10 Million.  Not a snow-flakes chance in hell that happens.  If the term is 5 years and money is more reasonable maybe.  So, since that likely won't happen, I predict he'll end up either back with the Rangers or Panthers with a slight chance of Boston.  I'm hoping JR gets a good return on him.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Every single team that's in the exact same position, year after year, almost  always still get a grade A prospect,  a decent roster player and a first rounder (or two seconds which in most cases is better) for a player as good as Miller...Obviously the offers weren't that great to not have Miller later ... could be better or the same next TDL.    

Edited by IBatch

9 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Every single team that's in the exact same position, year after year, almost  always still get a grade A prospect,  a decent roster player and a first rounder (or two seconds which in most cases is better) for a player as good as Miller...Obviously the offers weren't that great to not have Miller later ... could be better or the same next TDL.    

Waiting until the next TDL runs the added risk that JT’s production slides or he is injured. Obviously there is a bottom line ask that has to be offered. If the decision is to move him then the Canucks should do it if all is equal. Get the new assets into the mix sooner than later. Especially true if a RD is part of the deal. 

• Cheers 2