Canucks 2022 Draft Was...  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Canucks 2022 Draft

• EXCELLENT
    • GOOD
    • AVERAGE
    • SIMPLY BENNING AWFUL.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/16/2022 at 07:00 PM

I thought it was a good draft . JL should be an awesome pick and EP2 looks good . Need to stop trading away second round picks in future .when was the last time the Canucks had first second and third round picks in one draft ? Doesn't happen often enough for me . I firmly believe better not to trade if you know you are getting the worst of any deal , it sends a bad message not only to the fans but to the other teams that you can be had . Allvin's  first big trade has to be a winner or not perceived as a loser or he'll be throwing  second round picks with every trade they do Again .  All i all a good day 

PS...has anybody checked to see if there are any Quinn Hughes in next years draft ?

• Cheers 1

Average, they were opportunistic and took guys who feel but also played other relatively safe. Hard to really know for a few years, maybe some prospects surprise.

Was hoping to add more picks and move Miller, but the latter likely involves several moving pieces and I understand it ain't simple. We'll see.

Prospect pool still needs a lotttt more but at least we didn't trade our 1st this time. Hoping to add more picks for next year's draft.

• Vintage 1

38 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Between good and average.  Hard to tell without knowing what kind of offers were available for Miller.

I agree. This wasn't a flashy draft, but the majority of the selections hold a ton of value, particularly picks 1, 3, and 7. 

I'm actually kind've glad there wasn't a massive splash for the Canucks. Last time that happened we ended up with OEL and Garland for 3 picks and some cap dumps... still unsure how to feel about that one...

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Nurnge said:

I thought it was a good draft . JL should be an awesome pick and EP2 looks good . Need to stop trading away second round picks in future .when was the last time the Canucks had first second and third round picks in one draft ? Doesn't happen often enough for me . I firmly believe better not to trade if you know you are getting the worst of any deal , it sends a bad message not only to the fans but to the other teams that you can be had . Allvin's  first big trade has to be a winner or not perceived as a loser or he'll be throwing  second round picks with every trade they do Again .  All i all a good day 

PS...has anybody checked to see if there are any Quinn Hughes in next years draft ?

Yeah Benning traded away the 2nd round pick in the OEL trade. Allvin traded Hamonic for a 3rd and then traded away a different 3rd pick for Dermott essentially getting the Canucks 3rd round pick back and shedding 1.5mil of cap space in the process which was a pretty good move.

1 minute ago, therodigy said:

I agree. This wasn't a flashy draft, but the majority of the selections hold a ton of value, particularly picks 1, 3, and 7. 

I'm actually kind've glad there wasn't a massive splash for the Canucks. Last time that happened we ended up with OEL and Garland for 3 picks and some cap dumps... still unsure how to feel about that one...

I like our fourth as well.  We need cheap bottom six players coming through the system and developing our own is the best way to do that.

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I voted “good”.

But disappointed the new management team didn’t do a damn thing the previous regime couldn’t have done. I want to see some creativity.

Previous management would have traded our first.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

This draft was about as meh as could possibly have occurred.  Drafted the suggested BPA who will be years away from the league which is fine.  Drafted the meme pick in Pettersson.  Drafted more LHD.  Drafted another goalie.  Suggested moves to be made, indicated areas of need and addressed none of them; with statements of will get to it later.

Had similar thoughts to the bolded; gotta wonder if there was some at least depth RHD who we could've taken in place of the other guys, and not sure if the goalie's any good.
Speaking of goalies, I wonder if there really was no market for DiPietro, since it seemed like the team was looking to sell him off, and maybe Buffalo or someone would have taken a flyer on him.

Edited by Phil_314

Won’t really know for 5 years or so. 
rw, goalie, big C and 3 LD. 
not really addressing organizational needs accept the big C. 
I know always draft BPA but that assumes you can move players to fill holes. 
would go with something like a 4 out of 10. 
Will need to see what happens over the next couple of weeks. 

A 6 out of 10 

The hype and build up leading to the draft with media pummelling us with stories about Myers garland miller ….. took away from the guys we selected.

we got some good prospects considering the draft position.

looking  forward to seeing how  these kids develop over the next few seasons. 

Lots of time left this off-season 

Edited by combover
  • Cheers 2

It was as bland as boiled potatoes. Just bleh.  Took the safe pick, didn't make any changes to address the cap problem, didn't address the horrible defense.  A lot of work left to do.  This team, as is, isn't good enough, it just isn't.  We can't play Demko 70 games and expect to do anything in the playoffs and personally I am not satisfied just getting there, winning is the only thing that matters.

3 hours ago, billabong said:

My only disappointment is this teams inability to acquire a few extra picks 

I thought for sure they would acquire at least 1 or 2 mid to late round picks but naww :wacko:

Agree with you on that score. Here's hoping the team can load up on picks for a strong draft during the coming season. Cheers!

After seeing, what happen in the TDL - I just (really) lowered my expectation(s) and the drafting of a consensus top 10 pick, at 15 can be considered a BIG win. Off topic: Iam really impress, with Gorton & Hughes with there quick transition to rebuilding and after, a year they are already further ahead than our ever retooling Canucks.  As for the Miller drama, it is only a big deal (imo) cause the media shills keep bringing it up and after, yesterday's non resolution, it seems that it will take some time to unfold and that is the way it should be. Although, after watching what Chicago did - should the Canucks had just pulled the trigger on the Rags (rumoured) offer ?  But the reasons for both are very different cause Chicago it seems, is making a play for Bedard, whilst, the Canucks are (once again) retooling.  Preferably, I also hope they make a play for Bedard and do what Hughes did with MTL.  

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

C

Not a C- or a C+. just a C

This draft was about as meh as could possibly have occurred.  Drafted the suggested BPA who will be years away from the league which is fine.  Drafted the meme pick in Pettersson.  Drafted more LHD.  Drafted another goalie.  Suggested moves to be made, indicated areas of need and addressed none of them; with statements of will get to it later

So yes, a big ol Meh and a C for me

I thought Spencer gave us time to not drafting another goalie. I mean we need RHD why not draft another one in the later rounds.

• Cheers 1