The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Kadri Watch: 'Rumblings' Islanders have made a push for Nazem

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Does JT look at this and say this could be me next year in the flat cap world?

Theres 3 outcomes: 

1. He leaves money and term on the table and takes the safe bet with whatt the Canucks are offering. 6-7 years, 7.5 -8.5 per. 

2. He sees what Huberdeau got and says I want THAT and walks into free agency as one of the biggest fish available and actually gets it.

3. His bet on himself doesn't work out, his play comes back down to earth in the 60-70 point range, and now as a free agent teams are offering him less money and term than the canucks originally did. 

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out over the course of next year for sure. 

Edited by TmanVan
  • Vintage 1

I find it hard to believe any GM would give Kadri 9 million at age 31 after the seasons he’s had. Especially a GM like Lou.

The best thing we can hope for is that he strong armed him and his agent into a deal around 8 million. That will help move things along with Miller I would hope.

On 8/5/2022 at 1:17 PM, DrJockitch said:

Does JT look at this and say this could be me next year in the flat cap world?

Well he hasn’t signed anything yet. Kadri could still sign for term and money. This deal whatever it could be will definitely be on his mind but so will the Huberdeau deal from Calgary.

34 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Honestly... This would be good for the Canucks. If JT could be had at 7x7 I would change my tune and be ok with signing him.

JTM is a better player than Kadri, and a couple years younger.  For us to get JTM it’s going to cost over 60 mil.  If we could get Miller at 7.75 x 8 years Old Alf would say that’s fair.  

On 8/5/2022 at 2:40 PM, TmanVan said:

3. His bet on himself doesn't work out, his play comes back down to earth in the 60-70 point range, and now as a free agent teams are offering him less money and term than the canucks originally did. 

We need to get Klingberg's now-fired agent to give JT Miller a presentation on how he turned away an 8 year, 7 mil per contract for his client only to have him sign the 1 year 7 mil deal. Good motivational tool for a team-friendly deal. 

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

JTM is a better player than Kadri, and a couple years younger.  For us to get JTM it’s going to cost over 60 mil.  If we could get Miller at 7.75 x 8 years Old Alf would say that’s fair.  

Miller's also been roughly ppg or better the last three seasons, I don't think 7x7 would help as much as folks would like to believe, assuming those are even the final numbers. Their last three seasons aren't all that comparable.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

old Alf would be correct :)

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I'd assume they've got deals in place alongside a Kadri deal, typical Lou Lam.

I would feel bad for Bailey if he ends up in AZ, thats a lousy way to treat a lifetime player. 

Still seems like someone else is going to have to go tho to make the cap work.

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

6x8.5 would be my preferred deal… doubt it happens though. I’d go up to 8.75 if it could be kept at 6 year term. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Is this the Trade JT Miller thread?  Who cares?  Every thread is.

If (big if) JT is going to be signed, he will have to budge a bit and JR might have to move quite a bit.

-We're the only team (at this point) who can take the contract out 8 years.

-We are not at a significant tax disadvantage to every team out there, as has been shown previously.

-Both JT and JR have stated they would like to get a deal done.

From a total dollars perspective, 60 million US Dollars, give or take $4m, might could be the total value.

Since only we can divide by 8, we get $7.5m AAV, give or take $.5m AAV.

From those bare bones, will JT drop his ask for things like movement clauses, timing of payments, etc?

From those bare bones, will JR offer up other things and move his lowest bid up to meet JT somewhere in the middle?

If not; he's traded.

Kadri?  Who cares?  We don't want him.  I hope he's tied Lulu up in knots!

Hog Tied GIFs | Tenor

It’ll be interesting to see who the Isles trade to make room for Dobson. 

Because someone, almost anyone on that roster is going to get traded to shed cap so that they can then sign Dobson. They’re not going to give up on a young RHD in their system/team. Dobson is almost as untouchable as you can get on defense. 

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

It’ll be interesting to see who the Isles trade to make room for Dobson. 

Because someone, almost anyone on that roster is going to get traded to shed cap so that they can then sign Dobson. They’re not going to give up on a young RHD in their system/team. Dobson is almost as untouchable as you can get on defense. 

Nobody wants any of the players they’d wanna dump though that’s the thing.

Im not sure how they supposedly have all three signed before a trade is made.

• Vintage 1