The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Filip Johansson | D

Googlie

Last night in Abby vs Calgary, Kannok-Leipert stood up and fought a much bigger Calgary opponent who had cheap shot an Abby player. After the game, Rathbone acknowledged Kannok-Leipert for doing so and emphasized his importance to the team. He also went on to praise his skills as a hockey player. He didn’t have to do that. It made me wonder why. Well, the Abby Canucks had just beat Calgary again, one of the best teams in the league, with the personnel that they have. Now, it’s rumoured that Johansson is coming over, Wolanin and Juulsen have been waived to come down. That might be raising concerns amongst the players that got them there. Just entirely speculation on my part, but it did make me wonder. The playoffs are the reward for struggling through a difficult season, after all.

12 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Last night in Abby vs Calgary, Kannok-Leipert stood up and fought a much bigger Calgary opponent who had cheap shot an Abby player. After the game, Rathbone acknowledged Kannok-Leipert for doing so and emphasized his importance to the team. He also went on to praise his skills as a hockey player. He didn’t have to do that. It made me wonder why. Well, the Abby Canucks had just beat Calgary again, one of the best teams in the league, with the personnel that they have. Now, it’s rumoured that Johansson is coming over, Wolanin and Juulsen have been waived to come down. That might be raising concerns amongst the players that got them there. Just entirely speculation on my part, but it did make me wonder. The playoffs are the reward for struggling through a difficult season, after all.

It is a fine line there. Wolanin, Juulson and Podz are all coming back but they all had a big part in getting Abby to where they are. Brisbois and Guiseppe will not return. Johansson coming should not be a problem. Black Aces coming to playoff teams is a ritual that all these players should be used to by this time in their careers. Many were likely Black Aces themselves. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

What? 
what concerns? 
It’s only Johansson that hasn’t been a big part of the games before.

Wolanin was voted as the best in AHL par example.

6 hours ago, Boudrias said:

It is a fine line there. Wolanin, Juulson and Podz are all coming back but they all had a big part in getting Abby to where they are. Brisbois and Guiseppe will not return. Johansson coming should not be a problem. Black Aces coming to playoff teams is a ritual that all these players should be used to by this time in their careers. Many were likely Black Aces themselves. 

Was he not papered down? Too bad about Brisbois, he didn't look out of place with the big club.

7 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Could be interesting but I have a strong feeling we could see:

Hirose-Hronek

OEL-Johansson

OEL-Johansson would be terrifying defensively  I think 

and I meant at the AHL level

Hirose is not ready for shutdown minutes with Hronek across an 82 game pro season imo

unless he has a monstrous offseason but even then I think he needs two off seasons and a year of AHL hockey before making our top 6 but who knows! He could surprise and he has looked very good.

Just now, R3aL said:

OEL-Johansson would be terrifying defensively  I think 

and I meant at the AHL level

Hirose is not ready for shutdown minutes with Hronek across an 82 game pro season imo

unless he has a monstrous offseason but even then I think he needs two off seasons and a year of AHL hockey before making our top 6 but who knows! He could surprise and he has looked very good.

Hronek is a fabulous player. He was clearly the best D on Detroit. They went into the dumpster when he went down. IMHAO Hronek and Hirose will be our 2 pair next year and be Fantastic. We need a partner for Hughes. Love to get Tanev back for that role.