The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

14 minutes ago, Muttley said:

He can't say much right now. Not to the press anyways. Obvious the teams in sensitive negotiations with the Horvat camp.

I thought he said some interesting things, the one that stood out to me was him saying we may need to part with a roster player to upgrade the d, vs losing most 1st round picks. 

Love the feeling that BB has put into Training Camp.  Pace is fast, intense and guys seem to be having fun.  He's also gotten straight to business which is the complete opposite of last season.  Some guys have been playing together as line mates since before training camp and I can't recall the last time that's happened.

As for the forward lines, there's definitely a theme for each.  

Kuzy - Petey - Mikayev = Skill & Speed

Pearson - Miller - Boeser = The Heavies

Garland - Horvat - Podz = PITA line

Joshua - Dickenson - Lazar = Grinders

OEL - Hughes could be Edler - Ehrhoff 2.0

Bottom pair is solid.

The only real question is who plays the left side with Myers.  

That roster looks pretty damn deep.  This team could really surprise this season.  If Martin can play ~25 games to keep Demko fresh, we'll also surprise in the playoffs (should we make it).

Super excited to get this season going! 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 3

2 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Love the feeling that BB has put into Training Camp.  Pace is fast, intense and guys seem to be having fun.  He's also gotten straight to business which is the complete opposite of last season.  Some guys have been playing together as line mates since before training camp and I can't recall the last time that's happened.

As for the forward lines, there's definitely a theme for each.  

Kuzy - Petey - Mikayev = Skill & Speed

Pearson - Miller - Boeser = The Heavies

Garland - Horvat - Podz = PITA line

Joshua - Dickenson - Lazar = Grinders

OEL - Hughes could be Edler - Ehrhoff 2.0

Bottom pair is solid.

The only real question is who plays the left side with Myers.  

That roster looks pretty damn deep.  This team could really surprise this season.  If Martin can play ~25 games to keep Demko fresh, we'll also surprise in the playoffs (should we make it).

Super excited to get this season going! 

if DeKeyser is healthy that could be a good Myers fit.

whats a PITA line?

• Cheers 2

33 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I thought he said some interesting things, the one that stood out to me was him saying we may need to part with a roster player to upgrade the d, vs losing most 1st round picks. 

He loves Horvat though. Said that on his first interview with the Vancouver press. Anything is possible but I'd be shocked.

11 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Petey looks more mature (if that makes sense?) His body language and his conversations with the media was also more mature. I don't know what that means, if anything as far as his game but he just seems confident and in a much better head -space.

With most players showing up early and the intensity ramping up on day 1, is such a sharp contrast compared to camp last season. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed how much the aura has changed compared to what we saw the last camp?

Even little things like the shirts they were wearing or the body language on and off the ice just seems so much more focused imo. 

Agree. That first interview was different than previous seasons. His maturity and focus shows. Was worried that he wouldn't be dialed in early. Looks like he has a lot to prove after last year's bad start. 

Actually, everyone seems much more focused and dialed in. Even Boeser talking about 30 goals. This is the focus and confidence we've needed. 

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Chris Faber and Ian McIntyre ask some very ....   weird questions.  

Like the fact that both of them took the time to get out of their comfort zone though to talk in English!

Pretty sure it was Faber who asked kuzy questions in warp speed

• SlavaUKR 1

51 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Well, exactly. They had a translator for Podz last year who seemingly spoke English well, but still chose to use the translator out of comfort and/or being precise in his understanding and communication. 

Yeah, it’s a nitpick. At least for me. I admit it. 

However, it seems like someone ought to have been there to step in for Kuz, when he clearly wasn’t able to clarify his thoughts as probably as precisely as he wanted to. 

The Canucks organization should have, again in my opinion, been a bit more prepared for this. Just seems minor league to me. 

Expecting other players to address the media on his translated behalf seems bush league. 

These aren’t the days of Larionov and Krutov after all. :picard:

image.gif.4465ee0f6a54314d86756d76760baeb1.gif

6 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Oh definitely.  DeKeyser with Myers would literally be a big pairing for us. 

yep, if he's back I like this:

OEL-Hughes

DD-Myers

Rathbone-Schenn 

6 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

PITA = Pain in the a*$

:lol: sorry long day, went over my head 

and yes, agree that line should cause some fits.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Muttley said:

He loves Horvat though. Said that on his first interview with the Vancouver press. Anything is possible but I'd be shocked.

I don't think he was referring to Bo. I suspect it would be one of Boeser or Garland. 

12 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Chris Faber and Ian McIntyre ask some very ....   weird questions.  

Like the fact that both of them took the time to get out of their comfort zone though to talk in English!

Love the l selflessness they hope to bring to the line ,  each player compliments the other with a slightly different strength..

this is hoping to be good .

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2