The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Bruce Boudreau, Trent Cull; name Rick Tocchet as head coach, Adam Foote as assistant coach, Sergei Gonchar as defensive development coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

So, BRUCE, THERE IT IS! could be the new celebration chant after a Canucks goal moving forward?

Those that are upset at management, might feel good to send them this message. I feel this chant is a Vancouver thing, and wouldn't be the same with any other fan base in their building. 

Just now, Fanuck said:

Who? FA has child abuse charges against him that have yet to be proven (or disproved) in family courts - as such he's 'accused' at this point.   

Tocchet is a convicted criminal by every definition of the phrase.

Accused, sure.  But he's not convicted of anything so he's not a criminal........yet.  

4 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I read that too.

And he openly lied about it with no issues when he stated "I haven't signed any contracts" about what, 2 days ago now?

I think Tocchet is going to improve nothing honestly. He's pretty much Green with an angry face.

• There it is 1

10 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

I read Tocchet was required to give the tv network where he worked 4 weeks notice of leaving. 
If that’s true and he honoured his contract this decision was made prior to Christmas 2022. 

One wouldn’t want to breach a contract with an employer you might have to return to. Also he had to keep all those highly informative fans in Arizona  happy. 

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Rick Tocchet deleted his Twitter account this morning.

lul he knew was getting hired a month ago and he just deleted it this morning? 

Well may be he didn't want to break the news everyone knew... but still. 

Edited by Drakrami

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

8th coach in ten years.

Same core for 5 years.

Team needs major surgery but the core isn't the issue.  Just needs structure.

How is it Benning looks qualified right now in comparison to what we're hearing and seeing 

8? 

Av, torts, willie, green, bruce, toch.  Who am i missing?

51 minutes ago, stawns said:

I just paid for the Abby feed on ahltv.......just the reg season, but it was only $30 I think

It's come down a lot since AHLTV was first started. One thing to note. They charge you in USD, so it's a bit more than 30 if I remember correctly. Still worth it I think. I really enjoy the AHL brand.