The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

No, no it's not.  They gained no cap space, picked up a small winger they don't need and couldn't even negotiate anything better than top 12 protected

It's market value. Pretty much every analyst and people much more connected to the league than you and I called the value and it's fair.

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Probably not imo

Maybe if they retain closer to 50% of his cap, otherwise probably not, given he's got a season left on his deal I doubt it'd ever happen though

He's an undersized winger who provides complimentary offense

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/anthony-beauvillier

Maybe we'd get a 3rd, maybe a 2nd if he's productive while here 

what about dumping him for somebody else's less useful problem that expires this year instead?

Now do demko.

To OTT:

Demko

To Van

23 1st 

Bernard-docker

Then...

To Dallas

Boeser or Garland 

To Van

Khudobin -capdump

Gurianov - capdump

Mavrik bourque or Thomas harley

Sign Varlamov in the summer as a Ryan Miller like solid vet

Use any gained capspace to take on more capdumps and gain more young assets. Utilize this down year / years properly this time!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, coryberg said:

He's number 4 in ice time amongst our D. Kindly follow up on the bet.shut your mouth no GIF by Barbara Pozzi

I could play on our D and be in the top 4 and I'm from Australia. Means nothing. Bear doesn't crack a single playoff team's lineup.

I'm still waiting for that top 4 defenceman...been over a year and counting now...

• Upvote 1

Just now, Kenny Powers said:

Hoglander Raty Podkolzin - potentially our future 3rd or 2nd line? Either way, instant inductees to the all name team.

If we draft one of the centres in the top 10. Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, Yager, Smith, Dvorsky, Benson. We are looking at this a couple of years down the road.

Kuz - Pettersson - Podz

Mikh - 2023 Pick - Miller

Hogz - Raty - 

Joshua - Karlsson - Lazar

Hughes - 2023 Pick #2

OEL -

- Baer

Still some holes in the defensive end that must be fixed.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

not sure if anyone answered so here goes ....

1) Protected - means if the "protection" is #12 then that means if the Islanders drop to #12 worst overall or worse then they keep the pick and the Canucks receive the islanders 2024 1st round pick no matter what. If the Islanders finish 13th worst or better then the Canucks get the Islanders 2023 pick no matter what, even if they win the lottery (tanking hard for Bedard).

2) Conditional - means just that. On the condition that the Islanders win the Stanley cup then the condition precedent is Lou throws hookers and blow ... ahhh, ummm . this is a family show ... then Lou gives the Canucks something good. This clause is sometimes used to match how far a team goes the playoffs - i.e., 2nd round means a 4th round pick, 3rd round means 2nd round pick, SCF means 1st and blowjo ... ahhh there I go again. ... No conditions on this trade of course.

Oversimplifying it and I am sure an expert will be along shortly to correct/expand on the above.

thx

10 minutes ago, J-23 said:

If Bo doesn’t re-sign there, they got fleeced. They’re best prospect and a middle pick in a deep draft for a rental. A rental for a non-Playoff team LOL

Watch the Isles fall out of playoff contention and move Bo to a contender right at the deadline. :lol:

• There it is 1