The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

1 minute ago, Metal Face Doom said:

This was as realistic a trade that there is. Lots of yall expecting a fleece.  This was a decent hockey trade.

From my point of view, i wasnt expecting a fleece.  Bo is a UFA and argument can be made that this is a fair trade in terms of precedent.

What bugs me is that this D is arguably the worst we have had in 20 years and if you are going to trade your highest value chip (assuming they arent moving QH, EP and TD) you would hope the return would address the biggest hole and at least return a B level RHD (in addition to a pick)

5 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Because management prioritized Miller over Bo. Management never seemed to like Horvat. Signing Mikheyev is why we're losing Boeser, but it's not why we are losing Horvat. Management was never high on Horvat. Also, I imagine the Kuzmenko re-sign also killed any chances at Horvat. No mention of him in your crybaby post.

Remind me where Barzal was drafted again? Middle of the 1st, huh. We can play this what-if game both ways. It could be as you say, it could also be a 1st line, top 2 D talent. The fact is we weren't keeping Bo, we got some futures. It's better than nothing. And isn't as bad as people claim.

99 pts in a season will do that 

I don't blame management picking Miller over Horvat last season the Miller and Horvat camps were split pretty even. 

So it's not like it's managements fault for basically flipping a coin to decide. 

Edit I am not arguing against you just making a point on this topic in general :lol:

Edited by iinatcc
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Umm…Kesler scored over 40 goals and won a Selke in the same season. As nice a guy and player as Bo is, he is never in any danger of winning a Selke.

It’s awesome seeing the Doomsayers running around today. Lets see how this trade looks in a few years. The first round pick hasn’t even been named yet and the whingeing is ridiculous.

You can not for one instance suggest that Kesler with his NTC and demands for only 2 teams being on his trade list that returned a young 23 year old LHD (sbisa) a young LHC (Bonino) a 1st (McCann) and a 3rd (Keegan)  from a divisional rival was a harder sell than Horvat at $2.17 million pro rated to literally anywhere for a 25 year old $4 million LW an unknown LHC and a protected 1st

Both were rentals but Benning absolutely got a better return.  A comparable return from the Islanders would have been a 1st, 3rd, Romanov, Raty.  Which is again; arguably a better return than what has been garnered.

Just now, Coconuts said:

Best center prospect

Lekkerimaki is probably our best overall prospect

I'm happy about Raty, he was one I'd wanted to see in a Miller deal and was a must in a horvat deal with the Isles, but as a side piece.

• Like 1