The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

If the Canucks had received Samual Bolduc instead of Raty I might have been a little more receptive to this deal.

A big 6'4" D who is ranked high in the AHL for D scoring, etc. etc.

This team's major problem remains on the blue line and until management addresses that issue, the team will not fundamentally improve.

6 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

99 pts in a season will do that 

I don't blame management picking Miller over Horvat last season the Miller and Horvat camps were split pretty even. 

So it's not like it's managements fault for basically flipping a coin to decide. 

Edit I am not arguing against you just making a point on this topic in general :lol:

HOw long will you support a management that uses the coin toss for important decisions? 

Just now, aGENT said:

Late to the party but pleasantly surprised with the return.

I was hoping for Kotka, Morrow and a 1st from CAR... maybe a Seeley/Nikishin if we retained or added/counter the risk of Kotka's term etc. This is pretty comparable and in fact, arguably better given the pick is likely mid teens, or possibly even higher if it goes to '24.

Also doesn''t come with the long term risk of Kotka's contract.

But CDC gonna panic :lol:

C'mon, that's a sh!t deal for your captain and top 5 goal scorer in the league.  At least bring back a dman of some kind, even as the cap dump.  A small winger who doesn't score?

Cousin Eddie Battle GIF

3 minutes ago, Odd. said:

How does a on pace 45-50 goal scorer get a 3rd liner, a B+ prospect, and a middling 1st?

Well its an expiring contract 

For a middle 6 winger on a fair deal that skates hard, can kill penalties and score 20 in a low scoring system like the isles.

An A prospect and a middle round 1st round pick in what's considered a fantastic draft class.

And how many fantastic players come out of the middle of a first round?

Many.

Be positive. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Raty was at one point a contender for 1st overall before a bad draft year. His potential is very high.

From what I've read, Isles fans are pissed.

Yeh weirdly it's almost a lose-lose trade. Isles fans won't be happy they gave up a first and their best prospect. Canucks fans will have wanted a defenceman. If NYI go on a push and make the playoffs Bo may well sign with them and this is a steal. If he doesn't sign with them, Lou deserves a firing but that is a rough gamble from a non-playoff team. Bo wants to win and rightly so shouldn't re-sign if they aren't serious. Some team will throw 9M at him this off-season, let's just hope it's not in our division.

Meanwhile half the fans here wanted more - a defenceman as the main piece.

This trade will only sit well with me if management acquire some elsewhere...

• Upvote 1