The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Akito Hirose

45 minutes ago, The Lock said:

To be fair, I think the fact that Livingstone is from BC is going to create a lot of bias on CDC. Happens all the time here.

That's part of it for sure, but the fact he's a big RD, which is where we've been weak for a long time is definitely part of it too. It honestly seemed like a match made in heaven for both sides, which is why I don't really understand why there's been so little interest. 

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

That's part of it for sure, but the fact he's a big RD, which is where we've been weak for a long time is definitely part of it too. It honestly seemed like a match made in heaven for both sides, which is why I don't really understand why there's been so little interest. 

Sure, but that's also what a lot of other teams are looking for too. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a lot of competition to get him.

Also, if you're a prospect, do you necessarily want to play for what's effectively your "home team"? I'm sure some players do, but I can't see all them wanting to. Yet, CDC seems to want to often naively think any player from BC will want to come back here. Perhaps it's even that naivety that makes players NOT want to be here. lol

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Oh man, I will say he seems to make sudden turns along the boards to shake attackers, which works out, but he turns his back quite often to oncoming players putting himself in a very vulnerable position. I hope a coach picks up on this and helps him protect himself better before he gets seriously injured.

35 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

Reminds me of Hughes 

Stylistically he is almost exactly the same.  If he can do that with the NHL level pressure we may have struck gold.  He looks like he’s got the quickness but it’s just a matter if he can do it when the pace steps up.  

Pretty exciting!

23 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Nice news to wake up to. But then discover Nash plucked the big rhd prize..aw shucks, as Jimi would say.

Our blueline is on the slight side. Either bring in a BIG Russki Tram, or re-sign Schenner?!(both is cool too!)

Maybe we can snag both for a combined 3M vs Gavrikov at 5M.  Organizational D is starting to look pretty good.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

I think I get why.... look at the $$$ that Livingstone is getting now from Nashville... pretty sweet bonuses....

That and whose to say Livingstone even wanted to come here, people really don’t factor that in enough. 

• Cheers 1