The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report/Rumour] Elias Pettersson Contract Talks

4 minutes ago, YEGCanuck said:

His next contract will be in the double digits and you can take that to the bank.

Tell you that for free! 

6 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

You crazy dawg... I love Petey but he's not McDavid or MacKinnon, not even close. 

I don't know - I won't argue about McDavid but MacKinnon had his breakout season in his fifth year of play just like Petey.

Mackinnon was 27 when he had his first 100 point season. Petey was 24.

• Cheers 1

What if EP is demanding $12M???

McDavid = $12.5M

Draisaitl = $8.5M

Pastrnak = $11.25M

Kucherov = $9.5M

MacKinnon = $12.6M (next deal)

Tkachuk = $9.5M 

Robertson = $7.75M

Rantanen = $9.25M

Nugent-Hopkins = $5.125M

EP40 = $7.35M

10 minutes ago, Putgolzin said:

I don't know - I won't argue about McDavid but MacKinnon had his breakout season in his fifth year of play just like Petey.

MacKinnon might have only hit 100 points for the first time this season, but he was on pace for it the prior 5 seasons and only COVID shortened seasons and injury kept him from hitting it in those seasons. Plus MacKinnon has already been a 3-time Hart finalist. Petey is great, but he's not at that level yet.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Waiting for the Hronek thread... that one should be interesting... ;)

he is almost more concerning. He was available because he want to get PAID and we should have a hard cap for D men at what Quinn makes (Can’t control what OEL makes).

2 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

MacKinnon might have only hit 100 points for the first time this season, but he was on pace for it the prior 5 seasons and only COVID shortened seasons and injury kept him from hitting it in those seasons. Plus MacKinnon has already been a 3-time Hart finalist. Petey is great, but he's not at that level yet.

Well, if you take what some people say on here about Boeser never being a 30 goal scorer and so he's worthless, Mackinnon would therefore be worth way, way less than what he has accomplished lol.  Just goes to show how stupid the argument is, but because it's Boeser, it makes sense :rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, Putgolzin said:

MacKinnon won a Stanley Cup, and didn't he win a Hart too? 

Anyways to me MacKinnon is a tier above.

31 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, the 2 contracts he's referencing are Tkachuk 9.5 million, and Barzal 9.15 million.

If we could lock Pettersson up for 8 years at 9.5 million, I think you do that all day long and be happy about it!

I'd even be fine with 10.

Just give him the 10 and be done with it. It's a nice round number and he can say he's in the double digits :lol:

4 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

I'd even be fine with 10.

Just give him the 10 and be done with it. It's a nice round number and he can say he's in the double digits :lol:

I fully agree, we are no longer the "pay them what ever they want" team. He will be paid what is fair and nothing more. Miller wanted a fair price, Bo didn't , its a fairly simple concept. 

I will have no problem letting him go if he wants to "get paid". 

If he is serious about winning, he will ask for a fair and reasonable offer and nothing more. 

If he doesn't like it, we will have no problem getting a handsome return for him. 

TEAM FIRST.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Devron said:

Petey is a Center and is going to get Selke nominations. If Allvin gets it under 10 a year I’ll be surprised. 

Tkachuk was coming off a 104 point season was a +57 and brings physicality on top of it. The Tkachuks have been vocal about getting paid I believe too, hopefully petey leaves a bit on the table to chase a cup. 

Call me crazy, but I think anyone thinking Petey's contract is less than $11M is living off dreams. A 100+ point player who's also excellent defensively is getting far more than $10M IMO.

22 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Call me crazy, but I think anyone thinking Petey's contract is less than $11M is living off dreams. A 100+ point player who's also excellent defensively is getting far more than $10M IMO.

LOL! There is only 6 players making 11 million or more in the ENTIRE NHL! Also, it looks like 9 of the 11 players getting 100 points this year made LESS THEN 10 Million according to Cap Friendly. Those other 2 were Karlsson and McDavid.