The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I think he’s already shown he can play in this league even if it was a small sample size.

The question is can he be more than 6th/7th guy (on a good team) and will he be happy with that role or will he head back to Russia again.

I’m pretty sure he’s done with the KHL Deniro, rumour was his team was trying to extort him to signing a new contract by keeping him out of games... in the latest interview (this month) he stated he looks back to his time in Vancouver as a good one, but realizes he was young and immature for making some of the decisions he did.

i think JB has a real gem with longevity, pride, and faithfulness in Nik.

if he can recognize his own faults, he wants to resurrect himself,  this is a determined man who has always wanted to play in a the best league, with the best.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gaudette Celly said:

Worst-kept secret.  Let's hope he's matured the past three years, and is willing to pay the price to make it here.  If not, what else -- go to another KHL team?  He needs to settle down and make a career commitment.

I'm most interested to see if he's 'just' a bottom pair/spare guy when he comes back, or is there more there? How much untapped is there (or not)?

But yeah, I agree, he needs to actually commit and put the work and time in and make a go of it.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Wasn't him being unhappy in Vancouver part of the reason he returned to the KHL in the first place? Whats to say this time around he's going to be happy here? He's no walk on with the way the team is playing and he will be lucky to be 6-7th defenseman. I hope he doesn't come over hoping to get top minutes and then get angry again when its not up to his liking. His size is something we could use on the back end and would love to have him back playing well in a Nucks uniform but I'll hold my breath until I see what he can bring.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Second team in a row he is disillusioned with.  Maybe he is not the best team guy.  Maybe he is a bit of a prima donna?  Although I, like everyone else on cdc, want him to be great, maybe he is a great trade asset this year.  I just have a feeling he won't be happy here with 3rd pairing minutes, or worse.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

giphy.gif

Don't get me wrong, I want him come in and win the Vezina.  However, if you look at the success of D coming in from the KHL, they rarely are top 4.  He wouldn't be top 4 right now and I just think he might not be any happier than he is now or than he was before.

3 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

Don't get me wrong, I want him come in and win the Vezina.  However, if you look at the success of D coming in from the KHL, they rarely are top 4.  He wouldn't be top 4 right now and I just think he might not be any happier than he is now or than he was before.

Well, if he were to win the Vezina that would be quite the feat.    I think you meant something else but if not, changing his position that late in the career is a remarkable concept.

Back to reality, I have seen improvement in his on ice game this year to think he could crack an NHL lineup if he applies himself.  These off-ice issues are a massive red flag once again.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

Second team in a row he is disillusioned with.  Maybe he is not the best team guy.  Maybe he is a bit of a prima donna?  Although I, like everyone else on cdc, want him to be great, maybe he is a great trade asset this year.  I just have a feeling he won't be happy here with 3rd pairing minutes, or worse.

Well, if it is true that he is disillusioned with his present team because they tried to bully him into signing a contract extension and lowered his icetime when he refused, I don't blame him. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so who's saying 'he lost motivation' - is that a direct quote from Niks agent? 

Its fair to put Niks ceiling as a 4/5 and floor as a 6/7 imo.  

The quote I believe was from a Russian hockey analyst, who says he knows Tree well both as a hockey player and as a person.  Take that for what you will.

More concerning is the explanation of why he lost the captaincy in his second season.  Again, same analyst, said it was because the coach thought he wasn't hustling enough.  I don't know, it's an interesting article, but def doesn't paint him in the best light.  Says that his NHL ceiling now, having plateaued in the KHL is probably 6th or 7th dman.  Should ruffle some feathers here, I expect.