The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

Eriksson @ 100% for Abdelkader @ ~60%. Van then buys out Abdelkader resulting in a ~1.08 cap hit for 20-21 and slightly higher from 21-23.  The $$$ on the deal is a wash for both sides if DET holds LE for a season and then buys out. The benefit is they get a player who can still play in the NHL for a player that had 0 g AND 3 a IN 49 games last season. 

On 9/25/2020 at 11:16 AM, Mackcanuck said:

Great, tell Eriksson that we're not even inviting him to camp, he refuses to report, we suspend him, negotiate a termination of contract and he goes and signs somewhere else for 3 million, instantly making more than he will either of the next two seasons.

Problems solved!!! ;)

On 9/25/2020 at 11:28 AM, Robert Long said:

So was that also with a sweetener, or taking crap back too? 

Likely not. I believe Benning told Barry he could seek out a trade for Loui but told him he would not be including a pick or sweetener. There was a report on this a little while back.

Edited by Yung1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Robert Long said:

yes you can terminate for brach of contract if a player doesn't report 

I personally think this is likely what will happen.

For the 1 million that he would make this year, I don't think he will accept assignment to the AHL. I think if he refuses to report and his contract is terminated, his agent will likely be able to place him with another team in the 1.5 - 1.75 million per season range. 

32 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I personally think this is likely what will happen.

For the 1 million that he would make this year, I don't think he will accept assignment to the AHL. I think if he refuses to report and his contract is terminated, his agent will likely be able to place him with another team in the 1.5 - 1.75 million per season range. 

What happens to his caphit? 

3 minutes ago, suitup said:

What happens to his caphit? 

If his contract is terminated, the cap hit is all gone as well.

If he were to simply report to the Comets, his cap hit would be reduced by $1.075M I believe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

If his contract is terminated, the cap hit is all gone as well.

If he were to simply report to the Comets, his cap hit would be reduced by $1.075M I believe.

I'm more curious as to what might transpire if there is no AHL season and the Canucks do not loan him out to a team in Sweden?