The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumor) - Canucks interested in Evander Kane... Again

Nessnuck27

4 minutes ago, bobbyg43 said:

Gagner Lou E an Hutton 

for Kane A D prospect with more upside than Hutton an a second round pick back to Van which would be upgraded to first round pick if Buffalo advances to Eastern finals.

my favourite topic last few years to brin Kane home ! I love it when a thread pops up an keeps his name in the mix.

this is the most absurd trade proposal I've ever read.

you want buffalo to give up 3 vastly superior assets for 3 vastly inferior ones?

I’m not looking to give up on goldobin just yet but Hutton they can have him. Hutton is a good skater but I think his ceiling is 3rd pair guy

Kane is a good player and he’s stayed outta trouble for a lil bit now 

just wait it out. If he truly wants to play here then he’ll make his way here

We better not start thinking we’re buyers because that would be catastrophic 

1 minute ago, ruilin96 said:

This is the new Ballard, Raymond and a first

except not even. a (poor) argument could at least be made for that package, but this one?

a d prospect with more upside than hutton is inherently worth more than hutton

kane (some value) is worth way more than eriksson (huge negative value)

a 2nd that could turn into a 1st is worth way more than sam gagner

let's trade subban for brent burns and markstrom for matt murray while we're at it. 

24 minutes ago, BCNate said:

If Buffalo were to take this deal, we would be crazy not to take it.  Hutton has not been strong this year, and has been outplayed by Pouliott by a fair margin.  I like Goldobin a lot as a player, but he has to play in the top 6.  Where does he fit?  We are giving up 2 good, but replaceable pieces for a 30 goal power forward in his prime.  

I don't see any way that Kane makes it to July 1 as a free agent.  Buffalo will trade him this year for sure, and he likely re signs with that team.  Players like him do not hit the FA market often.  Like him or hate him, Kane would bring an element to this team that we have been missing since Bertuzzi was here.

See Hamhuis, Dan.  

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

If Kane is the hot hockey player that some on here seem to think then why would Buffalo be willing to trade him?  If in fact he wants to come back to Van then Benning can look at him as a UFA. IMHO the length and cost of signing a contract would be a non starter. 

Uh maybe they realize Evander will want more than they are willing to pay wants more term, or just plain wants out of being on a perennial doormat.

2 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

If we're giving up on Hutton, which I'm not against,  if rather trade him for picks or another prospect or something.

Why would we trade assets for Kane when we can just sign him in the off-season for free?  

I have a feeling that Evander Kane will join Edmonton or Las Vegas.

I don't see him wanting to be on a rebuilding team like the Sabres or Canucks.

The Oilers could jump the gun and trade for Evander Kane before he gets to free agency.

2 hours ago, Nessnuck27 said:

https://tipofthetower.com/2017/10/24/buffalo-sabres-rumors-evander-kane-canucks/

To sum up the article trade offer for Kane from the Canucks was:

To Vancouver:

E. Kane

To Buffalo:

B. Hutton

N. Goldobin

Honestly, by the way that Hutton has been playing on and off this year, I wouldn't mind trading him as we have OJ coming up next year or the year after.

I kinda want to hold onto Goldobin as I believe he could excel if given the opportunity.

Thoughts?

Reading the article; there was discussion, no specific trade offer confirmed, that Hutton's name was thrown in the hat. And that was last year!

Adding Goldobin was the author's (who has a Sabre's sweet tooth) take on good value for Buffalo. 

“The Canucks and Sabres talked a lot about Evander Kane. Ben Huttons’s name came up in those talks. Would Hutton and Nikolay Goldobin interest the Sabres?”

Me personally, I am interested in Kane. Not sure we are at the state in our rebuild to be giving up young assets. Or what depth (lack thereof) we have on D. If we get the chance to negotiate and confirm Kane longer term? ie what Nashville did with Turris, I would probably pay this Hutton, Goldobin package. If not?

Roll the dice that we can try and sign him free in July. But I'm not paying for him as a rental.

15 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If Sedins take a significant pay cut or retire we're going to have the cap.

Why not wait until July 1st.

He is what we need though. Someone with finish.

He scored 30 once, 28 and then 20 are his next highest goals total. 57 points the year he scored 30, low 40's in points the other years.

He is big, can play physical and can score, but lacks consistency. I'd like to sign  as a "hometown" discount player but won't expect more then 25-30 goals per year for the remaineder of his career.

Archived