The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild @ Canucks, Sunday August 2 @ 7:30 pm

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

2 hours ago, SergioMomesso said:

If Green ain't gonna play Virt this weekend, might as well be done with him and send him packing in the off season.

Virtanen and Stecher for a mid round 1st? (15 to 25)  Both are RFA.. 

I dont think hes going anywhere but IF he does...

I'd like Virtanen to be part of a package for a RHD with size but JB really wants a 1st in the draft. He doesn't have a pick in the first 2 rounds. 

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

I'd like Virtanen to be part of a package for a RHD with size but JB really wants a 1st in the draft. He doesn't have a pick in the first 2 rounds. 

I don't think their combined value will get us a 1st. 

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I wonder how much it would take to get severson.

41 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Certain figures in the Vancouver media reporting on Canucks have resorted to exaggerating two little comments Green made and a healthy scratch as the end of the relationship between Jv & Canucks. I read some of the articles and it’s not surprising to see that these writers use only examples of situations that supports their narrative but don’t cover comments or situations in favour of JV. This is just trash media reporting, and disgraceful TBH. 

I agree, this isn’t even a case of beating a dead horse, there isn’t even a horse to beat to death. Just bitterbros TSN stirring up the pot with their venom and saltiness.  Mind you I did screw up answering one of their toxic polls with the wrong answer lol. But just wanted to

share a theme of who the biggest culprit of this trash media is. Someone please egg this muppet in the troll face when they see him on Cornwall. Guy is cruising for a bruising. 

067FCA76-2680-42EA-9E85-E6B4FA7648EA.jpeg

972C1342-728C-4918-8B94-02A07E07A460.jpeg

4C053DAE-36FD-417B-896F-B058761E36F6.jpeg

514C4E80-A7C7-4D05-93D0-5BDC9BA41129.jpeg

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

too much. I'd guess either something around Boeser +, or Podkolzin ++, or something involving us talking PK Subban back. 

49 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

I don't think their combined value will get us a 1st. 

Stecher doesn't have alot of value with the current season he's had.  Jake *alone* might've attracted a mid-1st prior to the pandemic as it looked liked he was poised to take that next step with how he played this season.

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Motte looked terrible against Winnipeg.  I thoguht the point was to win games, not ice the hardest working team to lose a series

green has to ice a team he can trust. they simply aren't deep enough that he can afford to roll the dice on a guy when he doesn't know what he's going to get. 

edit: behaviour is predictable, results aren't. 

Edited by tas

56 minutes ago, tas said:

green has to ice a team he can trust. they simply aren't deep enough that he can afford to roll the dice on a guy when he doesn't know what he's going to get. 

edit: behaviour is predictable, results aren't. 

Which is why I was surprised by Green starting Mac. I don't think Mac has enough experience at NHL speed to have the attention to details we'll need if we expect to go anywhere. He could acclimatize quickly as well I suppose. Maybe Green sees him as a deterrent to some of the big bodies on Minnie. If we had more pkers I would consider both Jake and Mac on the same line and remove Motte and Sutter who seems to be having a nagging injury problem. That's not really an option though. We need pkers that aren't also power play guys. Ferland and Mac are not pkers so it's probably one or the other. If Sutter comes out it is probably between Loui and Jake. Loui being the better on the pk and more reliable defensively.

Edited by RWMc1

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

I dont know if Jersey would trade him.. but if we sign Marky long term I'd offer Demko and JV. 

No point losing Demko to Seattle in expansion draft.. or we're gonna have to give them a significant piece to take someone else and leave Demko..

7 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I dont know if Jersey would trade him.. but if we sign Marky long term I'd offer Demko and JV. 

No point losing Demko to Seattle in expansion draft.. or we're gonna have to give them a significant piece to take someone else and leave Demko..

They seem pretty happy with 23 year old Mackenzie Blackwood right now and will probably protect him in the expansion. Acquiring Demko simply gives them the problem instead, so I doubt they're interested.

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, IBatch said:

JV will play ... 

Why shouldn't he? Ferland was a marginal player until he played the Canucks in the playoffs and ran them out of the rink and Jake has better numbers.

Green's job may be on the line, so many people let go and not re-signed this year.

The Wild have the Canucks number

5-2 wild

Although the Canucks get to legally cheat for this series, they are way over the cap for a regular season game and that is what these are supposedly.

Edited by Lazurus
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

green would have to start pettersson in goal in game 5 to get himself fired this year. 

True, but his contract is up at the end of the year too isn't it? Pretty sure and Benning isn't doing any contracts this year.