Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, b3. said:

Some real gud tidbits about Willie D.

probably one of the major reasons for why BFG left for Russia. more playing time. 

I do agree that Willie was just an odd coach in the sense that he made some really strange line up decisions. I'm excited to see what Green does, and glad that Desjardins is no longer coach of the team. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

he's not wrong on the dope comment, a day doesn't go by when i don't smell some skunky crap in the area where i live close to downtown, bugs me too. I wish they would just vape and spare people the stank. 

 

well at least we know there were a lot of issues annoying him about the coaching and the city. It sucks but if he wasn't willing to deal with that level of difficulty to become a multimillionaire in the NHL I say goodbye to you sir, and I was a big fan of his. 

The thing that disturbed me most about Tryamkin was he came to camp in Year 1 out of shape. He was already a 3 year KHL vet. His view of hockey did not appear to be the NHL way. What impressed me was he quickly dropped the weight and his play progressed through the season. To an extent I thought the Canucks should have played prospects more in the last month and a half. Not a prospect by that time but he could have got more PP time just to have a look. By season's end Tryamkin was loosing position in the d-zone and getting scored on. He was not alone as most of the defenders were. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

The thing that disturbed me most about Tryamkin was he came to camp in Year 1 out of shape. He was already a 3 year KHL vet. His view of hockey did not appear to be the NHL way. What impressed me was he quickly dropped the weight and his play progressed through the season. To an extent I thought the Canucks should have played prospects more in the last month and a half. Not a prospect by that time but he could have got more PP time just to have a look. By season's end Tryamkin was loosing position in the d-zone and getting scored on. He was not alone as most of the defenders were. 

thats true. I wonder now if part of the reason he turned down a multi-year deal is he wasn't sure about his ability to perform at an even higher level. It may have taken all his effort to play the way he was. 

 

Anyway, clearly a poor fit here for him for a bunch of reasons. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats true. I wonder now if part of the reason he turned down a multi-year deal is he wasn't sure about his ability to perform at an even higher level. It may have taken all his effort to play the way he was. 

 

Anyway, clearly a poor fit here for him for a bunch of reasons. 

I did not disagree with his point of playing 20 minutes a game after the TDL last year. The Canucks had a lot to possibly gain by seeing how he handled that. As I mentioned earlier, after 3 years of KHL, maybe Tryamkin thought he had the fundamentals and simply needed the TOI. 

 

He showed me enough that I would welcome him back with the right attitude. IMO he would have got the TOI this year and even pressured for a top 4 spot. Might never know that now. Vancouver's depth chart on the back end is deepening and in 3 years who knows where Tryamkin will sit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I did not disagree with his point of playing 20 minutes a game after the TDL last year. The Canucks had a lot to possibly gain by seeing how he handled that. As I mentioned earlier, after 3 years of KHL, maybe Tryamkin thought he had the fundamentals and simply needed the TOI. 

 

He showed me enough that I would welcome him back with the right attitude. IMO he would have got the TOI this year and even pressured for a top 4 spot. Might never know that now. Vancouver's depth chart on the back end is deepening and in 3 years who knows where Tryamkin will sit. 

I don't think we'll ever see him in a Canucks sweater. A combo of bad coaching, bad agent advice, and some personal issues got it to this point. I just can't see how he's going to be "NHL ready" by spending his prime development years in the KHL. Maybe for an offensively gifted forward but not a D man of his size. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Warhippy said:

So that's that.

 

Willie D chased him off in large part due to his coaching decisions.

 

Glad he's not ruled out coming back

No surprise that Willie was a catalyst for Tryamkin leaving.

 

In three years, who knows where the blueline will be, but I'd like to think that there would still be a roster spot for a 6'7" 260 lb. mammoth defenseman who can skate well and wants to play big minutes.

 

Time will tell.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What i'm most worried about is how he thinks Goldobin should be playing in the NHL because he can score goals...if that's his view of hockey he's sorely mistaken about what NHL hockey is all about. Sure it's nice to score goals but there is so much more to the game than just that. For him to suggest he doesn't know why Goldy gets benched all the time shows me he doesn't fully understand the North American version of the game. Goldy is a great prospect with great offensive talent but if you just float around waiting to score all the time it just makes your teammates work harder on the ice to cover for you, which is selfish. You need to contribute on both ends of the ice to earn respect in this league. Funny thinking about it...but Goldy is very much like Subban, great at offence...defense...what defense? 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

probably one of the major reasons for why BFG left for Russia. more playing time. 

I do agree that Willie was just an odd coach in the sense that he made some really strange line up decisions. I'm excited to see what Green does, and glad that Desjardins is no longer coach of the team. 

 

31 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

No surprise that Willie was a catalyst for Tryamkin leaving.

 

Still seems a bit of a cop out given the coach that he seemed to take issue with was...fired.

 

He had basically a clean slate coming in to this season, with a new coach and all the opportunity in the world to earn a bigger role. I'm not going to start speculating on an attitude/entitlement issue but...

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Still seems a bit of a cop out given the coach that he seemed to take issue with was...fired.

Wasn't Willie fired after Tryamkin decided to leave for the KHL?

6 minutes ago, J.R. said:

He had basically a clean slate coming in to this season, with a new coach and all the opportunity in the world to earn a bigger role. I'm not going to start speculating on an attitude/entitlement issue but...

you're going to speculate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Wasn't Willie fired after Tryamkin decided to leave for the KHL?

I'm not in N.T.'s head, he could have 'decided' in February for all I know. Hell, he could have decided in October when the team insisted he actually get in NHL shape. But WD was fired almost a month before he signed in the K.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Basically Tryamkin saw what ever fan saw. The team sucked so why the hell are you not playing the young guys?

it's not his job to judge the coach.  It's his job to go out and work hard every shift

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

What i'm most worried about is how he thinks Goldobin should be playing in the NHL because he can score goals...if that's his view of hockey he's sorely mistaken about what NHL hockey is all about. Sure it's nice to score goals but there is so much more to the game than just that. For him to suggest he doesn't know why Goldy gets benched all the time shows me he doesn't fully understand the North American version of the game. Goldy is a great prospect with great offensive talent but if you just float around waiting to score all the time it just makes your teammates work harder on the ice to cover for you, which is selfish. You need to contribute on both ends of the ice to earn respect in this league. Funny thinking about it...but Goldy is very much like Subban, great at offence...defense...what defense? 

I get what you're saying, but I don't think that's his view. He uses  specific examples, Goldy scoring in his first game and getting bench, that isn't NHL hockey, that's just outright stupid, there is no logic. Goldy's effective when he scores, and if he's getting benched right when he does that, what's the point?

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

What i'm most worried about is how he thinks Goldobin should be playing in the NHL because he can score goals...if that's his view of hockey he's sorely mistaken about what NHL hockey is all about. Sure it's nice to score goals but there is so much more to the game than just that. For him to suggest he doesn't know why Goldy gets benched all the time shows me he doesn't fully understand the North American version of the game. Goldy is a great prospect with great offensive talent but if you just float around waiting to score all the time it just makes your teammates work harder on the ice to cover for you, which is selfish. You need to contribute on both ends of the ice to earn respect in this league. Funny thinking about it...but Goldy is very much like Subban, great at offence...defense...what defense? 

It seems to me that a lot of Russian players have this same mindset.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Nikita Tryamkin | #88 | D
  • -SN- locked this topic
  • -SN- unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...