The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I've never been so frustrated with lineups & deployment. If you concentrated hard(like playing a chess GM) to think of the worst possible combos, Whack-a-Willie would have them planned out promptly. 3 yr nightmare.

he helped with our rebuild though, because before him we were retooling lol With the way he deployed lines we had to do a full scale rebuild!

• Upvote 1

On 9/25/2017 at 5:26 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Well, I am assured that he hasn't completely shut down the possibility of coming back to VAN. Sounds to me (as has been mentioned previously) that he and Willie were not seeing eye to eye, and he left because of that. I'm sure he'll be paying attention to what Green does and asks the boys he knows on the team what they think of him. Wouldn't be surprised that if all goes well, we will see him back in the near future.... Which would be a huge boost to our d-core! 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

It wasn't the players fault they lost, WD was terrible. He lost that series. 

Completely out coached. It was embarrassing. He'd roll out the 4th line after a tv timeout because it was their turn instead of putting his "rested" 1st line out. Never seen such idiocy in the playoffs and I"ve been watching this game for over 3 decades. 

That was just a joke. I was in complete disbelief watching that happen before my eyes. 

26 minutes ago, Kungfudru said:

That was just a joke. I was in complete disbelief watching that happen before my eyes. 

Couldn't change up break out and couldn't counter the forecheck. 

Worse coach in Canucks history, and I really really dislike Tom Renney's coaching. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Couldn't change up break out and couldn't counter the forecheck. 

Worse coach in Canucks history, and I really really dislike Tom Renney's coaching. 

I couldn't stand Renney when he was the coach of the Canucks..I thought he was arrogant...I guess when he started treating the players like High School kids,they basically tuned him out...They never respected him......Good to see that Tom and Willie have found each other.

8 hours ago, The Sedge said:

It seems to me that a lot of Russian players have this same mindset.  

Lots of players, in a different context, see Jake Virtanen, have a mindset issue. Or Michael Dal Colle. Some of them get over it?

They come to the NHL as stars from the time they were 6 years old. Its a bit a bit of a head-scratcher for them that they have to do things like stay in the type of shape that allows them to play 40 second shifts. Instead of coast for 20 seconds and still dominate. At the same time suddenly they are getting paid $50,000 to $80,000 per month clear.  

The only difference is the Russians have the leverage to gain clauses in their contract. ''Play me as much as I want, how i want?''  Or I can go get $20,000 per month tax free back home. Versus $2200 clear every two weeks in the AHL. It is still a lot!

Some, see Nikita, take the easy way out. That he might take the easy way out, might have been foretold in him arriving in bad shape. They are young, and feel they cannot be pushed around. Others, see Jake, make the attitude correction? Let us hope he continues. Want to convert the AHL pay-cheques into ridiculous money. Bo will be making over a quarter milliion a month after tax & paying his agent.

I repeat. The only real difference is more alternate opportunities.

7 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I hate to say it's true because there are so many good Russians playing in the NHL and it's not fair to them...but it does have validation. Lots of players from different nationalities do the same thing if they don't get what they're seeking for in the NHL, but it's not maybe as frequent as how many times it happens with Russian players. Perhaps it's because Russians know they have the KHL which by all accounts is the next best league in the world with the next best pay for a professional.

Only a small percentage of Russians in the KHL make an average wage in the NHL. 

And some also are motivated to be the best they can be? Irrespective of money.  A larger percentage of elite athletes, from all countries, have this mindset. 

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Lots of players, in a different context, see Jake Virtanen, have a mindset issue. Or Michael Dal Colle. Some of them get over it?

They come to the NHL as stars from the time they were 6 years old. Its a bit a bit of a head-scratcher for them that they have to do things like stay in the type of shape that allows them to play 40 second shifts. Instead of coast for 20 seconds and still dominate. At the same time suddenly they are getting paid $50,000 to $80,000 per month clear.  

The only difference is the Russians have the leverage to gain clauses in their contract. ''Play me as much as I want, how i want?''  Or I can go get $20,000 per month tax free back home. Versus $2200 clear every two weeks in the AHL. It is still a lot!

Some, see Nikita, take the easy way out. That he might take the easy way out, might have been foretold in him arriving in bad shape. They are young, and feel they cannot be pushed around. Others, see Jake, make the attitude correction? Let us hope he continues. Want to convert the AHL pay-cheques into ridiculous money. Bo will be making over a quarter milliion a month after tax & paying his agent.

And some also are motivated to be the best they can be? Irrespective of money.  A larger percentage of elite athletes, from all countries, have this mindset. 

A trace of the trait was evident in one of Crosby's very first media interviews.

'You can make it if you try'

"They say you have to do your best and work hard and things will happen," he told the Halifax Daily News in a feature written in April 1995 when Crosby was seven.

"You can make it if you try."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/sidney-crosby-30-1.4235342

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I don't think we're on the same page.  I meant was I feel that a lot of Russian players have this mindset that scoring goals is the most (and sometimes only) important thing in hockey.  Nothing to do with NT's decision to move back to Russia.

11 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

I was super high on this guy but honesty don't think we're missing out anymore. Good riddance.

I feel the same way.  I thought we had a future Norris winning Dman here but that was only if he put in the work to get better. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, peaches5 said:

I remember I did something similar to Goldy and the coach came down to me on the bench and said you're lucky you scored or you'd be spending the rest of the game on the bench. According WD it doesn't matter if you score if you choose offense over defense you sit on the bench. I get 100% what Tryamkin is saying too. Everyone, here, thought he deserved more ice time. it didn't make sense, as he says, for him to be seeing LESS ice time with more injuries. He was good enough and on a bad enough team to get more ice time. Just all around bad coaching. It wasn't like he was making blatantly stupid plays out there.

Every coach is like that.  If you can't play passable defense, at least, you don't play.  Period.

11 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Very short sighted thinking on Try's part and you have to wonder what kind of bonehead his agent must be.  He's never going to come close to making the same kind of $ he would in the NHL.  I was/am a huge fan of NT, but he clearly has an entitlement issue and maybe the org is better off without him.  Wait out his three year contract, and then move him if they get the chance.