The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Jack Campbell, Kyle Clifford to Maple Leafs for Trevor Moore, 2020 3rd-round pick, conditional 2021 3rd-round pick

I don’t think people realize that the leafs have allowed more goals than the kings this year and have allowed the 3rd most goals in the league. Campbell barely posted a .900 save % on a better defensive team I doubt he’ll be much help. They need two way forwards and defensive defencemen.

• Upvote 1

Leafs desperately needed a backup goalie they get that in Campbell. And Clifford is a good, defensive, rugged and abrasive winger. 

Conditional 3rd turns into 2nd if Campbell wins 6 regular season games or Leafs re sign Clifford.

Good trade by Leafs. They needed this.

• Upvote 1

Leafs are an interesting case.   I just don’t believe you can pay 3 guys 10+ in the nhl and not create holes in your lineup.  Sure fine sign Tavares but something else had to give.  It would seem the Canucks won’t have quite as big of log jam when we re-up our top couple guys unless we pull a leafs and sign a ufa for 11mm a year 

My eyes just couldn’t believe this trade, when I saw it this morning. I ran downstairs, turned on the TV too find out more. I was then further shocked to find out that TSN had only dedicated 35 minutes of there hour long sports highlight package to dissect this trade. 

Come on TSN, don’t you realize that the Cup is now coming Back To Toronto????

#Blockbuster. 

• Haha 3

Never underestimate the power of the Leafs to bust a player!!!   I predict two mediocre players turning to busts with their new team. 

If the Leafs wanted to make a proper move, they'd ship out Nylander for a top dman IMO. Since they refuse to do that, they will continue to be exposed on D  (and another early exit in the playoffs).

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Coconuts said:

The conditional third-round pick becomes a second-round pick if Clifford re-signs with Toronto or the Leafs make the playoffs and Campbell wins six regular season games

Could see LA getting that second along with the third, which is exactly what they need 

Beautiful. Miss the the playoffs and re-sign Clifford. Normally you would think a Canucks fan should not want their division opponent to get the better deal but in this case it's just too it would be too delicious to watch Dumbas and the loafs fail again.

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Leafs desperately needed a backup goalie they get that in Campbell. And Clifford is a good, defensive, rugged and abrasive winger. 

Conditional 3rd turns into 2nd if Campbell wins 6 regular season games or Leafs re sign Clifford.

Good trade by Leafs. They needed this.

They got what they were looking for... but it does not make it a good trade. They gave up too much value.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

They got what they were looking for... but it does not make it a good trade. They gave up too much value.

Listening to King’s reporter last night.  He said Campbell hasn’t played well at all in LA.  He thought Clifford will do well though.  

1 hour ago, John McClane said:

My eyes just couldn’t believe this trade, when I saw it this morning. I ran downstairs, turned on the TV too find out more. I was then further shocked to find out that TSN had only dedicated 35 minutes of there hour long sports highlight package to dissect this trade. 

Come on TSN, don’t you realize that the Cup is now coming Back To Toronto????

#Blockbuster. 

It's why the Leafs are so hated outside of the TO bubble. They can do no wrong. How is a team that is always making all the right moves outside of a playoff spot this late in the year? From all I've read over the last few years they should just have the parade already. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

Not at all. Its fair value.  LA retaines 50% Clifford's salary. Hes a rugged winger has a Stanley Cup ring and exactly what the Leafs need.

Cambell is a very good backup. He hasn't had a great year because LA sucks and he had no goal support in LA. He'll get that in spades in TML.

Last year 31 games 2.29 GSA .928 SV%

Those are great numbers. Can't get much better than that. 

And he's signed to a very good contract. Only 1.65 mill for 3 seasons.

Great trade very fair value. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Decent trade. Leafs get a decent young goalie and a truculent veteran, and give up some thirds. Not bad.

Jack Campbell is 28, Clifford is only a year older. The young/veteran window transitions from 28 to 29 years old? :P

To be fair, I had to double check Campbell's age. I thought he was much younger too, like around 23. I guess he has that legacy similar to 18 year old Sam Bennett.

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

Jack Campbell is 28, Clifford is only a year older. The young/veteran window transitions from 28 to 29 years old? :P

To be fair, I had to double check Campbell's age. I thought he was much younger too, like around 23. I guess he has that legacy similar to 18 year old Sam Bennett.

I thought Campbell was much younger too.

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Not at all. Its fair value.  LA retaines 50% Clifford's salary. Hes a rugged winger has a Stanley Cup ring ams exactly what yhe Leafs need.

Cambell is a very good backup. He hasn't had a great year because LA sucks and he had no goal support in LA. He'll get that in spades in TML.

Last year 31 games 2.29 .928

Those are great numbers. Can't get much better than that. 

More goal support, but likely defensively not far off. But like Keefe said, they just needed a save in the 3rd and Campbell can provide that.

• Upvote 1