The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Non Lethal Guns/Weapons

NucksPatsFan

Does anyone possess any non-lethal weapons/guns for self protection?

Trying to gauge what 1. Is legal to own without a license and 2. What is the best option out there.  

Just doing some preliminary research to protect the household. I live in a pretty safe neighborhood and don’t feel I need to do my PAL and get a real gun, but was thinking of something like a projectile gun or pepper spray bullet gun etc. 

TYIA 

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Does anyone possess any non-lethal weapons/guns for self protection?

Trying to gauge what 1. Is legal to own without a license and 2. What is the best option out there.  

Just doing some preliminary research to protect the household. I live in a pretty safe neighborhood and don’t feel I need to do my PAL and get a real gun, but was thinking of something like a projectile gun or pepper spray bullet gun etc. 

TYIA 

Where on earth do you live?  You should be able to get along perfectly well without any sort of weapon, dog or martial art's expertise.  Perhaps you are watching the local news too often :rolleyes:

Just get a paintball gun.

You can also practice with them by going to paintball events but chances as a beginner are you're gonna get shot more than you're able to shoot people. Wear enough layers unless you can tolerate the pain and want war wounds/welts.

It is fun though!! Also IDK if they'd be open? You're not really getting real close with anyone and if you're... ouch...

Edit: FYI it won't hurt anyone enough if they are wearing enough clothing in self defense but you could cause a lot of facial pain, disorient or take someones eye out if you're a good shot. You can also unload a ton of shots in a short amount of time. That's if someone decided to invade your home. Also it could be an effective melee weapon.

Stay safe/responsible.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

Just borrow one of your mom's cleavers/long knives and stick in underneath the bed. Make sure its razor sharp so that you could potentially do some damage to anyone who comes in your vicinity. Depends really on what this is, if you are sensing a threat from someone and taking proactive measures then I would suggest cameras and a surveillance system but if this is a general fear thing then I would just go with the knife.