The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 6th, 2020 | 11:30am PT, SNP | SCQ Game #3

Rate this topic

Roberts

For those saying Ferlund should retire are not thinking about his financial situation. He would be a fool to retire. He will be on medical leave for the next 3 years and collect his cheques (with no cap hit on the team).

This is what I don’t understand about Luongo. He instead screwed the Canucks with that recapture. He could have remained on medical leave instead. Was that front office job with the Panthers that important to him? If I’ve got one bad thing to say about Lui, it be this.

• Upvote 1

I'd go if Roussel can play: 

Miller-Petey-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Loui

Roussel-Sutter-MacEwen 

Motte-Beagle-Virtanen 

Hard to leave Gaudette off of the third line since they were so dominant before the pause. But we need to win draws and be defensively sound.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Ferland should retire in my opinion, with the trade off being that he gets a front office job with the Canucks if he so desires it.   The Canucks get off the hook for Ferland’s salary, while Ferland still gets paid.   

Lines for tomorrow?

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson

Roussel-Sutter-Virtanen (Bailey If Roussel is out).

Motte-Beagle-MacEwen

Hughes-Tanev

Edler-Stecher

Fantenberg-Myers

Markstrom

Demko

Edited by DarkIndianRises
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Silent Man said:

I am having a major surgery on Friday and do need Canucks win to be in a great mood which helps the outcome of the surgery.

I think our team has all tools in place to win over Minny, but the last two minutes of game 2 remained me the second half of game 7 in April 2003.

Maybe I am old and paranoid.

Anyway, Go Canucks, 3-1 for the good guys. LE with EN

Take care amigo..& don't romance too MANY of them sweet nurses, eh?(just a few:^)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Super pissed off about the early start time. I’m going to miss the GDT and I’ll have to record the game because of work. What are the odds I make it through the whole day without finding out the score? Ruins watching the game for me. Like watching a movie where you already know the ending. I’ll still watch it because I’m a diehard but takes a lot of the enjoyment out of it for me. 

This is your chance to try a dopamine fast for a day ::D

18 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

For those saying Ferlund should retire are not thinking about his financial situation. He would be a fool to retire. He will be on medical leave for the next 3 years and collect his cheques (with no cap hit on the team).

This is what I don’t understand about Luongo. He instead screwed the Canucks with that recapture. He could have remained on medical leave instead. Was that front office job with the Panthers that important to him? If I’ve got one bad thing to say about Lui, it be this.

And not just financially, but it's a huge part of his identity. I believe he should take a year off, stay in shape, maybe discover new hobbies, and then give it another chance (if desired) after that, but that's up to him.

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

If he retires due to an injury/medical condition he still would receive insurance/money. Luongo technically never was on injury reserve when he retired he wanted to go out on his own accord.

12 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Theres a very scary probability there will be a 25% chance the Oilers or Penguins get Lefreniere :picard:

If either of those teams wins first overall, would the best move be to trade that for the best Dman in the league? Like Josi, Carlson or Hedman? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

Really unfortunate about Ferland, we are getting thin really quick with 4 forward injuries in two games what happens once the 30 players wouldn’t be enough to dress a roster if the injuries are mounting up? These are definitely unusual times so I’m interested to know if teams are allowed to recall outside the bubble and if so they would have to quarantine? Or would we have Dman playing forward or if it really gets bad injury wise, would Demko play forward? Anybody could help me out with the protocol would be fantastic. 

Love the pushback from Petey and loved how he doesn’t take any crap. That’s what you want, no more turning the cheek. 

Game will be early but I’ll be listening to it on the way up Queen Charlotte Strait. Never thought I’d be doing the annal summer coastal trip while listening/watching hockey games. Just crazy times but loving it! GO CANUCKS GO!

08FC2B84-07DD-4016-BEC5-DC2F7B3F99C4.jpeg

Am jealous!

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Ferland should retire in my opinion, with the trade off being that he gets a front office job with the Canucks if he so desires it.   The Canucks get off the hook for Ferland’s salary, while Ferland still gets paid.   

Lines for tomorrow?

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson

Motte-Beagle-MacEwen

Hughes-Tanev

Edler-Stecher

Fantenberg-Myers

Markstrom

Demko

I hope this happens with Ferland. At this post health is a priority and not having speculation of will he won’t he be back.

canucks should do the right thing and tell him for his own sake it’s done, it’s not worth any further damage.

a job in the organisation is the least we can do for him 

• Cheers 1

Big game tonight (8:30 pm Paris local time!!!!!) Lots of things need to happen to secure the win.

We have to play exactly like the first 57 minutes of the last game. Pesky, full of energy, and creatively, driving the net and opening up the lanes. Markstrom  has to be dialed in and hopefully we can score the first goal! That would be a key factor in a smoothly played out game. The defense needs to be much better and disciplined (looking at you 57), and we need to get in Parise's and Fiala's faces. Shut those guys down, and we have the advantage!

Very excited to see how we respond to tying up the series. I expect Green to have talked about the 2 minute collapse, and for us to adjust accordingly. 

Looking forward to this game!! Go Canucks Go!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Lines for tomorrow?

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson

Motte-Beagle-MacEwen

Hughes-Tanev

Edler-Stecher

Fantenberg-Myers

Markstrom

Demko

If they promise him that amount outside of his NHL contract, it would be considered cap circumvention with fines up to 5M counting against the cap and even the loss of draft picks.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, c00kies said:

And not just financially, but it's a huge part of his identity. I believe he should take a year off, stay in shape, maybe discover new hobbies, and then give it another chance (if desired) after that, but that's up to him.

I think this latest setback shows that the keep on trying is risking is health. Someone like ferland will always push to come back and play, he is that type of person. At the stage it’s at now someone needs to sit down and tell him no more. 

Give him the time to process that rather than stringing him along with hope 

Now I know this seems to be a fairly lopsided opinion as to what Ferland should do about his career.... However 

1) Concussions have not plagued his career. He has averaged 70+ games per year the last 4 seasons. 
2) He suffered a concussion THIS year

3) DOES ANYBODY REMEMBER THE CONCUSSION ISSUES SIDNEY CROSBY WENT THROUGH?!? His career should have ended years ago, by the standards Ferland is being given. 

Injuries take time and injuries regarding the head take significantly more time. He was back on the ice a couple times in games, within a 7-8 month period since sustaining the initial concussion. He needs another 4-5 months at least, to rest and perhaps by next season he will have had ample time to recover and TRULY gauge his injury and the future of his career. This isnt a Savard type of scenario.

This is a huge opportunity for Macdaddy to get into the lineup and do some damage. He can give us that heavy, hard forecheck that will punish Minnesota’s D and possibly lead to opposition turnovers.

Thats just my “the glass is half full” opinion. 

Best wishes to Ferland and hope that he makes a full recovery and his career isnt shortened too soon.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2