The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 6th, 2020 | 11:30am PT, SNP | SCQ Game #3

Rate this topic

Roberts

6 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Per a Hockeh Guy video when the schedules were announced a couple weeks ago, every one of the 16 playin teams had a morning start, and every one had back to back games

Not the Canucks and Minni apparently and thus the change (unless you're suggesting there simply was an error for the Canucks scheduling that was given to the public and it was always originally set this way). With that said, it could still be for the reasons I mentioned and I'm fine with that set up.

But back to hockey .... someone mentioned Fanta's play.  I agree, he has been dependable, calm under pressure, and playing within himself.  Some advanced stats that I read just after the pause suggested that he and Myers were a disaster zone, but apart from Myers 3 penalties, they have been pretty sound together

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Googlie said:

But back to hockey .... someone mentioned Fanta's play.  I agree, he has been dependable, calm under pressure, and playing within himself.  Some advanced stats that I read just after the pause suggested that he and Myers were a disaster zone, but apart from Myers 3 penalties, they have been pretty sound together

I like the one penalty Myers took at the end of the second period last game. He watched Bo get hammered from behind and cranked Erikkson Ek with a solid crosscheck.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Ugh, DirecTV doesn't seem to get Sportsnet during playoffs, and I'm getting confusing scheduling on the channel guide.  NBCSN is only doing a live look in before another game starts, so that covers me for the first half.  Fox Sports north supposedly has it, but the channel shows that they are doing the Twins game at the same time.  Between that and the early start time, I might be stuck watching a replay.

Problem there is that they usually have a live ticker at the bottom of the screen!

Sure hope they figure this out quickly.

Regardless, GCG :towel:

Edit: DTV and/or FoxSports North fixed their programming.  Whew!

Edited by Kragar

22 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

There’s not a cloud in the sky here in Victoria.

That’s the craziest thing to me. I lived in Courtenay for 17 years. Every time I visited Van it was raining, and every time I visited Victoria it was sunny. The weather difference between those cities is so strange. 

14 minutes ago, Googlie said:

part of it is Myers has stepped it up a bit and is playing better. But Fanta hasn't looked like a liability at all, I doubt Green slots Benn  back in when he's back inside the bubble unless Fanta makes some major gaffe.  

Edited by Robert Long

1 minute ago, Schmutzhaken said:

That’s the craziest thing to me. I lived in Courtenay for 17 years. Every time I visited Van it was raining, and every time I visited Victoria it was sunny. The weather difference between those cities is so strange. 

Yah here in Vic we had one rainy day earlier this week, but besides that I can’t remember the last day we got rain in the last 3 or 4 months.  It’s cause the weather gets caught up on the coastal mountains and stops over the lower mainland while it just passes by Victoria.

12 minutes ago, Schmutzhaken said:

Victoria is out of the rain shadow...Mt Washington and them mountains creates a rain shadow in Courtenay/ Comox....it's a lot worst on the North end of the Island...Mtns are bigger and catches more weather?

12 feet per year is the annual rainfall at the North end...

Edited by Pete M

1 minute ago, Rindiculous said:

Yah here in Vic we had one rainy day earlier this week, but besides that I can’t remember the last day we got rain in the last 3 or 4 months.  It’s cause the weather gets caught up on the coastal mountains and stops over the lower mainland while it just passes by Victoria.

Dark and dreary days are also known here as "Surrey Beautification Days" 

(disclaimer, I live in Surrey, so I can say that....)

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Schmutzhaken said:

I lived in Tsawwassen for years and it was the same thing. I guess that's why they had the slogan "Sunny Tsawwassen".

1 minute ago, FlyLow_ said:

Greenway punched Petey in the face, slashed myers in the hand and was running around taking liberties until Myers crosschecked him in the neck, calmed him right down. I'm fine with all his crosschecking penalties last game. If every time someone takes a cheap shot at one of our players they have to take a vicious shot in return, I'm on board, even if the penalties cost us a series. What I'm not on board with is another decade of lost cup opportunities due to our best players getting pushed around and targeted with cheap shots leading to injuries with no repercussions. 

To have the lead against the Bruins only to lose it and looking like complete sissies during the process was twice as bad. 

I would rather have lost going down swinging instead of like neutered dogs appealing to refs for penalties

• Like 1