The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 17th, 2020 | 7:30pm PT, SNP | R1G4

Rate this topic

Roberts

3 minutes ago, khay said:

Sutherland is the ref.

Marky complained about all the poking and jabbing from the Blues, what is the next thing that Sutherland does? Take McEwen for accidentally contacting Allen.

Complain to Sutherland and this sociopath of a referee is going to listen to you, remember it, and look for an opportunity to call that very penalty against your team.

This.. This is exactly what he does.

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

This was the blues I expected.  

I called nux in 6. This is ain't gonna be easy. 

See how much gas they got left in the tank tonight. Get a goal and get back in this. You never know. 

It's moreso the Canucks I expected. 

The team gives it 110% or 50%. Literally nothing in between. 

6 minutes ago, Knucklehd said:

Come on folks, everyone screaming like the series is over.  Hell, the game isn't over yet.  This is what the team needs....adversity, won't grow without it.

You’re right!

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?!

Hell no!

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

C'mon that's a total joke. Literially the exact same plays that weren't penalties before are now penalties.

Canucks have been more disciplined in the series than the Blues. It's just those penalties weren't called.

It's not the only reason we are losing of course, they are good, but who knows what the rules are anymore

I think im just used to such poor reffing that as long as its not blatantly obvious, Im ok with it. 

I am curious though if we looked at penalties called along with missed calls, who would have had the advantage? 

For the Canucks, I saw a clear trip on Tanev on the PK missed along with interference on Horvat. 

What have the Canucks gotten away with? 

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Fair enough. Our PP has killed us tonight

absolutely, but mostly it's lack of discipline......not just with penalties, but focus.  The Blues are the much more mature, battle hardened team, it's to be expected

• Cheers 1