The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Tyler Toffoli trade is busting hard for us

Rate this topic

CanucksFan8353

Definitely paying dividends now. As long as Tofu plays a good chunk of playoff games for us, we won this trade no matter what happens.

Always maintained that this is trade is not a bad trade at all by JB, just that it sucks if Tofu don't play a good chunk of playoff games for us due to injuries, which I guess by definition is a bust of a trade though no fault of anyone.

• Haha 1

On 8/23/2020 at 5:51 PM, Sean83 said:

I was initially a huge proponent of the trade but with him likely not being able to play in the playoffs for us this year, looks like GMJB made a big mistake.  We could have used the defensive depth that Tyler Madden would offer us down the road with the core being so strong.  Madden might have been that last bit to get our core to Cup Contenders down the line.  With Toffoli likely done like Ferland and Leivo though, it looks like the gamble GMJB made busted.  Goes to prove those of you who say "don't mortgage the future" right.  So frustrating! (And no, inserting an injured Toffoli into the series when we're down 3-0 or 3-1 ala us against Calgary in 2015 with the still busted Ryan Miller) doesn't count as good payback for the trade.  

Also makes me think of where we'd be if we had a healthy Toffoli, Ferland and Leivio in our roster this year, but, alas, Canucks luck. 

This trade is just really making me see red right now.  

C1C53C3C-A170-42C1-977E-1CEA141DB2B5.jpeg