The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Arizona/OEL

mll

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Juolevi is a player you want on the Canucks, still on ELC for this season and is someone who could very well eat up top four minutes down the road in Vancouver.

Yes im bummed that the trade fell through but kinda relieved as well that OJ is still with us. I really like the potential of a Juolevi and Rafferty pairing I think it will be better any combo we had this past season. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Bro....  did you not see our D against Vegas in the playoffs?

Our D is far from solid.  

Because Edler and Stecher couldn't process the game fast enough.  We need guys that can move the puck and think quickly exiting the zone.  If you add more Tanev types you are still hemmed in.  I think we all saw the same result, but the resolution is different that people think in my mind.

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I want to have D that can match the pace of the forwards and think the game fast enough.  OEL was the perfect choice for that but it fell through.  Stecher I liked but couldn't process the game fast enough, Edler is slower so should be more of the Tanev stay at home territory now.  We get hemmed in not because we are missing more Tanev's or Mark Staal's but because our D can't think or move fast enough out of the zone.  We need guys that can think fast and move the puck out as we have the guys that can play the shutdown role.

Barrie plays defense like he has some kind of mental handicap. No use in a pylon who moves the puck to the other team.  No excuse for playing as bad in your own end as Barrie.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bitter Melon said:

Barrie would be a fine addition if the contract makes sense. If he decided he wants to bet on himself and takes a cheap short term deal hoping he can rebound from his dismal season in Toronto and cash in later I wouldn't object to him coming here.

He could rebound but Stecher is better defensively I’d rather resign him over Barrie personally 

Just now, King Heffy said:

Barrie plays defense like he has some kind of mental handicap. No use in a pylon who moves the puck to the other team.  No excuse for playing as bad in your own end as Barrie.

I want him to sign here just for your game day takes on him. 

Just now, Devron44 said:

He could rebound but Stecher is better defensively I’d rather resign him over Barrie personally 

Maybe but it sounds like Stecher isn't wanting to sign for less than what his QO/Arbitration would give him. I like Troy and wish him the best but if Barrie decides he wants to bet on himself and sign a short term low cap hit deal hoping he rebounds and cashes in, I'd take that bet.

Just now, King Heffy said:

He's not my first choice either, but a very strong puck moving D is what our biggest need is.  OEL was first choice, just not sure what the other options are outside of Barrie.  Pietr is not coming here.  My ideal for this is still Rasmus Ristolainen but that will require picks and prospects and likely no cap relief.  Ultimately our need is speed out of our own zone.

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Outrageously

Egregiously

Lame

Very nice that JB didn't cave to these clowns. I wanted a favourable deal, w/retention. If that ain't in the cards..F***'em!

Don't misuse OEL's acronym...rabble rabble, er, nevermind.