The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ VGK - GAME 7 WCSF - Sept 4 2020 - 6pm PACIFIC - SNET, NBC, NHLTV

Rate this topic

xereau

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

The team's already exceeded expectations and I'll be proud of their season regardless of outcome.  That being said, Vegas has all the pressure in the world on them due to the collapse last year, goalie controversy, underestimating the Canucks, and being unable to solve Demko. Very confident that our group can once again step up and do what's needed to win.

Watch Sutherland be the ref

Win or lose, this Canucks core is something incredibly special.  3 Calder candidates in 3 years, NHL history books being rewritten, resiliency we haven't seen since the Linden era... And probably the most talented core we have ever seen on the Canucks.  

I still have to keep reminding myself that this is their first kick at the can in the playoffs.  Hard to imagine how powerful this team will be in their prime.

Anyways, Go Canucks Go!!!  You guys have done us all proud!!

• Like 1

Let’s go for the cup. It’s our time. Peterson and Hughes on cheap contracts. People say we need to wait and develops yada yada yada but my take is we win now. Petey and Hughes are already top 10 players. Experience is overrated. We win tonight and we have a 1/4 odds of winning the cup. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

Where do the numbers in the lineup come from?  Is that really saying Patches is the second best left winger in the NHL?  
sorry...got sidetracked. This game is a win no matter what. All I wanted to see this year was playoff hockey. We took out the Wild to make the show. Shocked the returning champs to get to the second round and now the Golden Knights are having sleepless nights with nightmares of Demko in their heads. These kids have proven they can win in a number of different ways. Gonna be a great game tonight. I think it’s going to surprise some people how good these Nucks really are. Vegas is on their heels, squeezing the sticks and are tired. Our team is younger and hungrier. The key will be a fast start and I’m betting Green has them ready. 

Big question for Green  -  does be inject any fresh legs into the line up, or stick with the 2-game winning combo?

Only change I'd make is to replace the Rooster who only played 5 minutes last night. Only problem with Big Mac or the speedster Bailey are that they are both right handed shooters, and I am not sure if they have played much left wing.

My guess would be that Green leaves the lines as is, tired though they may be (although Roussel shouldn't be)

You could see the third period that Vegas was starting to get frustrated and get away from their game plan and giving up a ton of odd man rushes. I hope that Vegas shows up and we capitalize on the chances they give us early and often.

Edited by peaches5
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1