The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Well of course not....you can't even spell "bass".....B)

lol!  He could hardly play it too. Maybe he should have left in on the diamond and go back to an actual instrument. ;)

I remember the best thing about that band was we had stickers the stated 'It sucks to be you'. OUr friends were in a band called DSK . They were good friends of this upcoming band from LA called Tool. One of these stickers somehow made it onto Maynards bumper of his car. He pointed it out in an interview. I was soo stoked as I had already become a fan.

I have a poster still from the Town Pump where Tool was the first opening act for a DSK and Salvador Dream show. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Speaking of names. I once had a Junior Girl's basketball team called the "Totemettes", because the boys' team were the "Totems".  At a tournament I was asked to submit a name for the team, so I threw out "The Fighting Thunderchickens"!  When it came out as that in the program, the girls were not amused. But then it sort of grew on them. We even got team jackets with a cool logo of an angry chicken dribbling the ball with lightening bolts over its head. Now the girls loved it. We even had a warm-up song called, "There ain't nobody here but us chickens"! And the name stuck!  We came 2nd on Vancouver Island that year, no provincials for girls at that time. Three or four of the team played for Cowichan at the Senior level and they won the girl's BC's. Some were with Kathy Shields at UVIC when they won the Canadians. But, deep down inside, they were "Thunderchickens". 40 years later. I still have the jacket.

Haha, that's great.

I played soft ball as well as baseball for years. My first softball team had no name but was sponsored by 'The Ladies Auxiliary'. It was written across our chests on a patch. A bunch of 8yr old boys. We got teased a lot. Good job we were a great team, became Island champs. Came 4th in BC if I recall correctly. Getting teased all the way. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Haha, that's great.

I played soft ball as well as baseball for years. My first softball team had no name but was sponsored by 'The Ladies Auxiliary'. It was written across our chests on a patch. A bunch of 8yr old boys. We got teased a lot. Good job we were a great team, became Island champs. Came 4th in BC if I recall correctly. Getting teased all the way. 

The baseball team when I was 12 years old was sponsored by Johnson Packers.  Which is fine, but our jerseys were brown.  I'll let you guess what we were called all year.

Also, don't let teammates, while high, name your university intramural ball hockey team.  Magical Sparkling Unicorns is not what you want to be called when you're sitting dead last in the league.

• Haha 4

On 5/31/2020 at 11:56 AM, canuck73_3 said:

Meh, some like me have found/turned to other hobbies. I've taken my time off to put work into my car now that I have had the time to do so. 

...and others learned a while ago no reason to panic. We are doing very well in BC. Panic is not worth the energy and facts don't support it.

1 hour ago, BPA said:

'We're not out of the woods yet,' Dr. Bonnie Henry says, as B.C. confirms 24 new cases of COVID-19

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5593818

Curious to know where the cases are. 

Good thing Bonnie opened playgrounds and schools today....      nothing like putting all your money on Red when you go to Vegas.....

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Me_ said:

So are you saying the government of BC thinks covid can be spread through protests... but schools kids  or kids playing together on playgrounds....  can't spread it.

Make up your mind BC government....  Which is it ?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

So are you saying the government of BC thinks covid can be spread through protests... but schools kids  or kids playing together on playgrounds....  can't spread it.

Make up your mind BC government....  Which is it ?

They can't vote yet so they don't count.;)

A good read i recommend for anyone intereted in silent spreaders.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52840763

As the crisis has unfolded, scientists have discovered more evidence about a strange and worrying feature of the coronavirus. While many people who become infected develop a cough, fever and loss of taste and smell, others have no symptoms at all and never realise they're carrying Covid-19

3 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

...and others learned a while ago no reason to panic. We are doing very well in BC. Panic is not worth the energy and facts don't support it.

No one in here has been panicking....most are being cautious.  And the facts do support that.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I still think the all-time classic is the team from Butte, Montana that some genius decided to call the "Pirates"....

...I'm sure the players wore that jersey with pride....:picard:

They could have named that team the Butte Hole Surfers

• Cheers 2