The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

22 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

It is interesting how the narrative has changed over time.

The "flatten the curve" motto is pretty much never spoken about anymore.  

Maybe because the curve was flattened?

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, High and Inside said:

I see Sweden is reporting 2200 virus cases today up from 600 last week. So doesn’t look like there strategy is working. 

No.  Strategy is working.   They aim to infect everyone.   And then once all are infected, the next day they can claim success as magically there are no new cases.

Lol.

:P

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

the island is big enough to be its own country now. You'd be the 162nd biggest country right behind Fiji. New Albertastan would have to negotiate with you guys on shipping oi :lol:

You sure about that? I think Vancouver Island is bigger than Fiji....:unsure:

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Weird how not many people want to live on the island and so many want to live on the lower mainland

Yes the island is a poor place to live (sarcasm), it's too rainy compared to North Vancouver (sarcasm), it's real estate prices are too high(true, but sarcasm) compared to the mainland. And you have to on a ferry to get here. Come to visit (when COVID-19 is over), but then go home, to your commutes, the crowds, the.....

• Cheers 3

12 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

The plan of  having 1-2 kids attend school  all day..... yet the same teacher is expected to support home learning for the other 20 students at the same time that stay home all week......

Well this will only burn out our teachers. It is super tough job and the BC plan will only frustrate  / exhaust our great BC teachers.

Not sure that all teachers are like that.

My kids and my nieces and nephews get assignments for the week.  My kids get one zoom meeting with the class and teacher per week.  My daughter is on zoom with her classmates for projects (no teacher).  

Now they are getting ready for report cards.

I help my youngest with his homework.   My oldest does her assignments and send drafts for feedbacks once prior to final submission. 

So really, I'm doing the teaching job for my youngest. 

12 hours ago, luckylager said:

Fyi, we dont actually want anyone moving here. The Island is closed.

And we've had 1 case of COVID in the last 3 weeks (and the jackass came from Albertica).

My brood and I will be moving there in a few weeks and joining you and @bishopshodan. Sorry :P

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

My brood and I will be moving there in a few weeks and joining you and @bishopshodan. Sorry :P

That's great news.

We can use people like you in the new republic. 

Make sure your papers are in order and no funny business.  Lucky is a fair but strong leader. He won't tolerate any nonsense.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

That's great news.

We can use people like you in the new republic. 

Make sure your papers are in order and no funny business.  Lucky is a fair but strong leader. He won't tolerate any nonsense.

You'll be happy to know we've been staying with my diabetic parents in their 70's and hence extremely careful during the pandemic as well ;)

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

it would be a pretty self sufficient place imo - world leader in great seafood, eco tourism and boutique weed. 

Now if we could only figure out a way to encourage people to farm all that rich agricultural land and build heated greenhouses etc.

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

You're one of the good guys. I'll just look the other way.

• Cheers 4

I have a question. if say a Tim Hortons had a staff worker tested positive and they shut down the place but are telling people there cooler broke down, but two different people have said she tested positive. I am not sure who to believe, but my daughter, her husband and her teenage son were there the day before they closed. should she get in touch with Fraser Health for the truth or will they even tell her. should her family self isolate? 

29 minutes ago, bree2 said:

I have a question. if say a Tim Hortons had a staff worker tested positive and they shut down the place but are telling people there cooler broke down, but two different people have said she tested positive. I am not sure who to believe, but my daughter, her husband and her teenage son were there the day before they closed. should she get in touch with Fraser Health for the truth or will they even tell her. should her family self isolate? 

I don't know what the criteria are where you live, but I'd say that is a pretty good reason to request a test.

• Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, bree2 said:

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I don't know what the criteria are where you live, but I'd say that is a pretty good reason to request a test.

this happened in Abbotsford, thanks I will tell her that

29 minutes ago, bree2 said:

this happened in Abbotsford, thanks I will tell her that

Were they wearing masks?  Did they maintain social distancing?  Did the TH employees wear masks?  Was there a plexiglass separating the employees from customers?

Many questions. 

At the very least, should self monitor to see if any symptoms crop up.

1 hour ago, bree2 said:

I would just go get tested anyways. Few times I've gone through Timmie's lately they all seem gloved and masked right up so I'm sure they are just fine but doesn't hurt to find out now that they have opened up testing. 

1 hour ago, bree2 said:

Don't trust Tim Hortons.   Don't trust the BC government.

The Tims by the Keg in Abby is shutdown today and everyone there is talking about it. 

Abby had 2 outbreaks yesterday. NW industry was announced...  the other business is being kept un-ANNOUNCED>>>>>>  why ?

Tims does provide masks to their workers.... unlike the BC government. 

Get tested.   Better safe than sorry. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Cheers 2