The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

15 hours ago, skategal said:

As I watch her team save a life, I wonder how I could make people see.
The risks that some have to take because of the simple steps that others wouldn’t.

This part. 

That entire read gave me goosebumps in a terrifying way.  The "we're good" crowd who want to head into strip bars and whine that "life is over" need to really reassess those words.  You can go outside.  You can see select family or friends.  You can "meet" via the internet and still communicate with others.  You can...breathe....

I'd like to shout out to @Nathancanuck  .... this is the place to discuss this.  Make sure you read, too, as part of that...  In particular, the lengthy recent journal entry by someone on the front line.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/30/us-buys-up-world-stock-of-key-covid-19-drug?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

In a time that the world needs to unite and fight this on a global level, we have this orange clown being his greedy self and hoarding.  Guess his bleach cocktail wasn't enough?

The US are going to need every single dose. Over 47,000 new cases again today. The hospitals are starting to overflow. The deaths will soon follow. 
The US it seems is incapable of being calm, kind and safe. 

54 minutes ago, spur1 said:

The US are going to need every single dose. Over 47,000 new cases again today. The hospitals are starting to overflow. The deaths will soon follow. 
The US it seems is incapable of being calm, kind and safe. 

Make that 50,000

49 minutes ago, skategal said:

And yet, protests continue over mandatory masks....sigh!

Yah, weird.  Even. Horgan and Dr. B don't support masks.....     Seems so strange to me.  Safety first. 

20 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yah, weird.  Even. Horgan and Dr. B don't support masks.....     Seems so strange to me.  Safety first. 

Situation in BC is a bit different than in Florida in terms of case counts.  We've also had a lot of voluntary participation although it's waning a bit which is concerning.  

9 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/30/us-buys-up-world-stock-of-key-covid-19-drug?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

In a time that the world needs to unite and fight this on a global level, we have this orange clown being his greedy self and hoarding.  Guess his bleach cocktail wasn't enough?

Here's the thing.

The US bought those, but will not distribute them for free.  They'll actually act as a cost free go between for private for pay hospitals who will charge per treatment.

The US taxpayer just subsidized their for profit health care system

11 minutes ago, skategal said:

Situation in BC is a bit different than in Florida in terms of case counts.  We've also had a lot of voluntary participation although it's waning a bit which is concerning.  

I agree with you but i do think it is imperative our leaders encourage the general population to wear masks when indoors .....   Very strange to see BC leaders sending mixed messages on this topic.

Safety first.  

30 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Here's the thing.

The US bought those, but will not distribute them for free.  They'll actually act as a cost free go between for private for pay hospitals who will charge per treatment.

The US taxpayer just subsidized their for profit health care system

US free-market capitalism at its finest.

42 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I agree with you but i do think it is imperative our leaders encourage the general population to wear masks when indoors .....   Very strange to see BC leaders sending mixed messages on this topic.

Safety first.  

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/dr-henry-expects-british-columbians-to-be-wearing-masks-1.5633657

7 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Now that is very strange...  because  Dr henry specifically did not support school staff / students wearing masks.....

Wow, does Dr. Henry not think school staff  / students. and their families  worth protecting ?

Very strange seeing mixed messages from BC politicians.....

I guess Virtanen is just following Dr. B's  messages.....  

Edited by kingofsurrey

It seems like NZ has higher expectations for their leaders than the USA does....

New Zealand's health minister has resigned after criticism of the government's response to coronavirus and his own breaches of lockdown rules.

David Clark had already been demoted after breaking rules to take his family to the beach.

He said continuing in his role was distracting from the government's overall response to the pandemic.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern confirmed on Thursday that she had accepted his resignation.

New Zealand has been hailed as a success story when it comes to tackling the coronavirus.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-53259236

Edited by kingofsurrey