The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Lol, I'm having deja vu. He even posts the same pics to go with the same post over, and over, and over again. This guy is bad for my mental health.

Gawdzukes mental health -   LOL>>>>>>>>>>.. 

I have read the poop you throw against the wall here ..... LOL....

Edited by kingofsurrey

The real reason Covid numbers rise in BC's lower mainland lol...

So BC can receive more financial Covid relief funds.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/vancouver-covid-funding-package-bc-1.5790030

"Stewart said the city believed it would receive $60 million, based on the size of Vancouver relative to other cities. The province is providing $540 million in funding to municipalities across B.C. "

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DarthMelvin said:

Imma say this...

If Trump loses this election....The Pandemic will disappear.  The social distancing has allowed for the absentee ballot. 

You heard here FIRST~!

are you sure your location is correct?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, wloutet said:

Has there been any studies linking COVID-19 deaths to population density, or to level of smoking? I'm thinking, Belgium here.

Belgium is screwed if covid is linked to Chocolate, Waffles and/or Beer...

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pears said:

I hope those parties were worth it <_<

A4840111-5D2E-43F7-AB52-D9A4AC829C0D.png

Well generally they say numbers come out 2 weeks after exposures when symptoms get going etc and the only party I am to remember 2 weeks ago was an election.... 

39 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Thanksgiving, Hallowe'en, Granville D bags.  It all adds up.

Ahhhhhh.

and......   BC kids all sent back to school with masks not required.... no social distancing... no plastic barriers....... poorly ventilated portable classrooms..... little online options for parents....

Yup, it all adds up. 

2 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I don't think they have the cojones to implement a regional (much less province wide) mask mandate - in fact, they probably had to go through a philosophical decathlon in order to even utter a healthcare setting mask mandate.

More likely that they might finally admit the scientific acknowledgement that their peers in the PHAC offices quietly posted on their website about aerosol transmissibility of the virus.  :picard:

Yah, frightening / frustrating. / sad.  when your provincial PHO and premier  is so unwilling to adapt / accept  the most recent science from all over the world......

Have a friend who told me today via text that she and her husband both got COVID from their daughter.  She got it from meeting a friend for dinner in a restaurant.  Two days after the dinner the friend called to advise he had tested positive for COVID.  By then daughter was starting to show symptoms.  All went for testing, Mom and Dad were negative, daughter was positive.  So the infection time frame is UP TO 14 days, but it appears it can be a lot less.  Mom and Dad got sick as well.  All have recovered which is good news as my friend has serious asthma.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, skategal said:

Have a friend who told me today via text that she and her husband both got COVID from their daughter.  She got it from meeting a friend for dinner in a restaurant.  Two days after the dinner the friend called to advise he had tested positive for COVID.  By then daughter was starting to show symptoms.  All went for testing, Mom and Dad were negative, daughter was positive.  So the infection time frame is UP TO 14 days, but it appears it can be a lot less.  Mom and Dad got sick as well.  All have recovered which is good news as my friend has serious asthma.  

Great to hear they all recovered well with no lasting affects.  Such a contagious virus... so much we don't know about it.

We all need to do everything we can do to avoid covid. 

Take precautions but still try to live your life... that is the challenge.

• Like 1

Hard to believe this is new policy in BC ....  Come on BC get your s.,..... together.....

Time to start  following  the current science on covid...

Medical masks now mandatory in B.C. hospitals, doctors’ offices, care facilities

When someone doesn’t have a medical mask, the facility must provide one

•  
  • Nov. 6, 2020 4:20 p.m.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

B.C. health officials quietly rolled out a directive this week making medical masks a requirement within health facilities.

According to a news release from the Doctors of BC organization, the policy states that patients and visitors must wear medical masks when entering and leaving health care facilities, including doctor’s offices, hospitals and long-term care homes.

https://www.abbynews.com/news/medical-masks-now-mandatory-in-b-c-hospitals-doctors-offices-care-facilities/

Edited by kingofsurrey