The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

18 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Someone tell me again how not being vaxxed isn't clogging up the hospitals when so few aren't vaxxed but are over 1/3 if all hospitalized cases or more

I've admitted before to not being a math wizard, so please correct me if I'm wrong but:

Unvaxxed 5 and over equals 16.6 %  so call it 20%.   or 1/5 the rest of the pop.

20% of the 724 fully vaccinated = 145

currrent unvaxxed hospitalized =  286

means there could have been 141 empty beds or beds used for things other than looking after unvaxxed people.

8 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

How are people handling friends that post ridiculous stuff on social media? I have one parading UK's lifting of restrictions as them beating Canada? Talk about a total lack of awareness and being misinformed.

And they probably don't realize the lifting in Britain isn't until Jan 26th

11 minutes ago, gurn said:

I've admitted before to not being a math wizard, so please correct me if I'm wrong but:

Unvaxxed 5 and over equals 16.6 %  so call it 20%.   or 1/5 the rest of the pop.

means there could have been 141 empty beds or beds used for things other than looking after unvaxxed people.

Make them pay for the treatment!!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, gurn said:

From Global News  - BC hospitals have:

115 people in ICU    
 57 on ventilators

50 unvaccinated in ICU

3 people 19 years old or younger in ICU

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JM_ said:

but that doesn't make sense, no pet stores, boarding or dog grooming has been shut down during the pandemic. I have two dogs and haven't had any issues other than sometimes waiting outside for an appointment. 

sir they shut me down to three days a week

1 hour ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

How are people handling friends that post ridiculous stuff on social media? I have one parading UK's lifting of restrictions as them beating Canada? Talk about a total lack of awareness and being misinformed.

I saw that today.  The total lifting of ALL mandates from masks to passports and it's wide open.  Even pushing people back to the office over working from home.

All I'd say is thank you for being the world's litmus test

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

You're probably right

40 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I saw that today.  The total lifting of ALL mandates from masks to passports and it's wide open.  Even pushing people back to the office over working from home.

All I'd say is thank you for being the world's litmus test

His successor sure is going to look like a bad guy when it all falls apart

17 hours ago, Mossberg said:

Boris Johnson ending all covid restrictions in England. Hopefully the first domino to fall in the western world

CBC link not working for me

This is a desperate ploy of a politician trying to deflect from his personal controversies and trying to hold onto power at all costs. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Bell said:

sir they shut me down to three days a week

was that at the start or over the entire pandemic? or something specific to home based businesses?  I'm confused because our regular place In Vancouver that does both boarding and grooming has been open the entire time. 

• Cheers 1