The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

13 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I blame poor investment in education in the US, and I hope Rupert Murdoch drops dead. 

I sometimes say or write things that I immediately want to reverse.  We all have made errors. We can correct our mistakes and improve.

We know that thoughts, words and actions have power. 

We all have the power to stoke incredible positive energy.    - Taking a moment to send peace and healing-   

I don't understand the refusal to mandate mask use in all public areas.  When a child doesn't get what he wants and throws a tantrum we don't reward that child by giving him what he wants, why are we doing it for adults who are throwing a tantrum over masks?  For once, can the people who are being responsible and showing compassion and empathy be thre ones being rewarded?

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't understand the refusal to mandate mask use in all public areas.  When a child doesn't get what he wants and throws a tantrum we don't reward that child by giving him what he wants, why are we doing it for adults who are throwing a tantrum over masks?  For once, can the people who are being responsible and showing compassion and empathy be thre ones being rewarded?

Horgan is afraid to enforce it, or more likely afraid of what happens when its shown they really can't enforce it. 

With the news of now 2 likely vaccines I think we just need to buckle up for the knuckleheads for the next 6 months who won't listen to anything anymore thinking this is all over now. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Horgan is afraid to enforce it, or more likely afraid of what happens when its shown they really can't enforce it. 

With the news of now 2 likely vaccines I think we just need to buckle up for the knuckleheads for the next 6 months who won't listen to anything anymore thinking this is all over now. 

How would ‘he’ enforce it when most people who aren’t wearing masks at this point will likely continue not wearing it? Fines are great but that won’t get full compliance either. It hasn’t thus far. So how do you recommend’he’ enforce it when the police can’t/won’t enforce fines in all situations, even though they have the power to now and for some time previously? 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

How would ‘he’ enforce it when most people who aren’t wearing masks at this point will likely continue not wearing it? Fines are great but that won’t get full compliance either. It hasn’t thus far. So how do you recommend’he’ enforce it when the police can’t/won’t enforce fines in all situations, even though they have the power to now and for some time previously? 

I think that’s exactly what he was saying- that it’s not realistic to enforce it fully. 

4 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

One thing I might have missed when reading about the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines- did they say when they might be publicly available? I imagine they would go to healthcare workers, first responders, at-risk sectors, etc first before trickling down to everybody else. 

Most likely in that order and then front line essential service workers and so on. 

10 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

imo he needs to show a much stronger stance than he has on it, even if it won't be 100% effective (thats not a fair or realistic expectation). He's had the luxury to let Henry and Dix do most of the public speaking on covid, but he needs to step up and demand people follow the right procedures and at ask law enforcement to put out more fines and he can bring in further restrictions.

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

It's really a shame the virus didn't target these idiots instead of the elderly etc.

17 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

We have to bend the curve again.  Right over the head of those not wearing masks and complying....am I right?

Defiant yoga jokers and Granville loiterers with no brain power.

Hey now, let's be careful not to paint all yogis as defiant jokers with no brain power :P

• Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

imo he needs to show a much stronger stance than he has on it, even if it won't be 100% effective (thats not a fair or realistic expectation). He's had the luxury to let Henry and Dix do most of the public speaking on covid, but he needs to step up and demand people follow the right procedures and at ask law enforcement to put out more fines and he can bring in further restrictions.

Demand? Ok. That still won’t get people who aren’t complying now to comply because a politician demanded it. 

Law enforcement is already handing out fines. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Perhaps they love to kill small business. Not sure how else one can explain this. Because when they're entertaining this idea over mask mandate.. 

well it is back in the house and not seeing my family again, when all these  anti maskers   are being allowed out in public to roam around and spread the virus, Superstore Abby has another outbreak, so hubby can't shop there now and the care home out in Abby is over run with the covid with 101 staff and residents that have it. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, bree2 said:

well it is back in the house and not seeing my family again, when all these  anti maskers   are being allowed out in public to roam around and spread the virus, Superstore Abby has another outbreak, so hubby can't shop there now and the care home out in Abby is over run with the covid with 101 staff and residents that have it. 

Almost time for Dr. B to get her PR firm ( 25K per month ) to write a new jingle for us all.....

Sad to see how our province was doing so well and yet we let it slip away.....   the next lockdown will be fatal to so many businesses.

Lack of government restrictions. / enforcement / unclear messaging.

Schools with bad ventilation / no mandatory masks / no social distancing.

Way too  many idiot anti maskers

People not reducing social contacts....

All of these put us in the spot we are today.....  not cool. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

they can enforce. Any business who doesn't make people comply should be hit with significant fines

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

they can enforce. Any business who doesn't make people comply should be hit with significant fines

It should not be up to the business to enforce with out a provincial mandate that masks are mandatory in all indoor businesses.