The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

So glad there seems to be a lot of confusing over the sports banning. Some are saying only indoors, some day maybe outdoors, government can't seem to make up their mind. They left curling off the list apparently too

41 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

All adult sports, indoor and outdoor, banned.

Including that beer league hockey (KOS).

About time.

Is there a link to that? I've heard it's only indoor and outdoor isn't affected. Need to know if I'm playing soccer this weekend 

Never mind I see Keith's tweet now 

And then government website of the press conference says indoor and not outdoor. Ffs. 

All indoor adult team sport is also prohibited. This includes basketball, cheerleading, combat sports, martial arts, floor hockey, floor ringette, ice hockey, ringette, netball, skating, soccer, squash and volleyball.

Edited by Russ

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

All adult sports, indoor and outdoor, banned.

Including that beer league hockey (KOS).

About time.

4 months to late.  Better late than never.  Playing sports indoors with an airborn highly contagious virus never really made a lot of sense...

Having kids in school classrooms all day with no social distancing... no mandatory masks... no PPE for adults... and  often  no windows that open - makes no sense as well.

BC is the no sense / no science province i guess.....

Edited by kingofsurrey

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

4 months to late.  Better late than never.  Playing sports indoors with an airborn highly contagious virus never really made a lot of sense...

Having kids in school classrooms all day with no social distancing... no mandatory masks... no PPE for adults... and  often  no windows that open - makes no sense as well.

You’re the best. :lol:

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Amebushi said:

No problem from me, I don’t work at the health authority and don’t mind restrictions such as the ones you have listed. I’m hoping they don’t limit things like concerts and travel (as they have not required any of the currently existing vaccines before...polio doesn’t sound a lot better than covid) but if they do I’m willing to accept that until I feel comfortable taking it. I think a lot of people complaining about their rights haven’t considered the rights of others. For example I absolutely have every right to not wear a mask...I just can’t shop anywhere as the stores have a right to refuse service to anyone not wearing a mask. I will always believe in my right to choose what goes into my body and what doesn’t but your correct that every choice come with consequences 

Private companies will likely have to right to terminate your employment if you refuse it.  Private stores have the right to deny you service and many likely will.  Countries also likely won't allow you in.

42 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

He’s just anti-everything. 

Yah, i am anti government policy that puts my daughters life at risk since she works in a school with no PPE in Surrey.....

Yah that makes me a bad person hoping that my daughter is safe and is treated respectfully by our BC government.

Having school staff with no PPE rights.... that all other BC workers get is disturbing.. Tells you all about BC work safe in our province. 

Meanwhile  BC gov fluffers here.... just constantly try to downplay the risks of covid.....     So many people here  were anti mask in late spring / early summer... See how they change their tune now.  At least i have been consistent in that i expect effective  leadership from my government. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yah, i am anti government policy that puts my daughters life at risk since she works in a school with no PPE in Surrey.....

Yah that makes me a bad person hoping that my daughter is safe and is treated respectfully by our BC government.

Having school staff with no PPE rights.... that all other BC workers get is disturbing.. Tells you all about BC work safe in our province. 

Meanwhile  BC gov fluffers here.... just constantly try to downplay the risks of covid.....     So many people here  were anti mask in late spring / early summer... See how they change their tune now.  At least i have been consistent i that i expect effective  leadership from my government. 

If the school isn’t giving her PPE, and she can’t afford it herself, then buy it for her. I know I’d do that for my daughter.  

Edited by debluvscanucks
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Even if Obama broadcast it live, tinfoil hatters would still conspiracy conspiracy something that what was happening didn't happen. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/02/covid-vaccine-obama-will-take-doses-might-film-to-build-confidence.html?rss=1

Obama will take coronavirus vaccine and might film it to build confidence – ‘I trust this science’

• Former President Barack Obama said he will take a coronavirus vaccine once one is available.
  • Obama said he would be willing to film it, if that would build confidence in the U.S. about vaccine safety.
  • Obama’s comment came as numerous polls find many Americans are skeptical about getting a Covid-19 vaccine, potentially jeopardizing U.S. vaccination efforts to control the pandemic.
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Even if Obama broadcast it live, tinfoil hatters would still conspiracy conspiracy something that what was happening didn't happen. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/02/covid-vaccine-obama-will-take-doses-might-film-to-build-confidence.html?rss=1

Obama will take coronavirus vaccine and might film it to build confidence – ‘I trust this science’

• Former President Barack Obama said he will take a coronavirus vaccine once one is available.
  • Obama said he would be willing to film it, if that would build confidence in the U.S. about vaccine safety.
  • Obama’s comment came as numerous polls find many Americans are skeptical about getting a Covid-19 vaccine, potentially jeopardizing U.S. vaccination efforts to control the pandemic.

Its not going to change those minds who are hell bent on not getting it ESPECIALLY if its a forced vaccine.  I know a few people who aren't necessarily anti-vax, they just don't like the idea of the government forcing a vaccine.  I don't blame them much, theres never anything the government forces that I like but this was something I was willing to get at some point.  

2 hours ago, Russ said:

Its not going to change those minds who are hell bent on not getting it ESPECIALLY if its a forced vaccine.  I know a few people who aren't necessarily anti-vax, they just don't like the idea of the government forcing a vaccine.  I don't blame them much, theres never anything the government forces that I like but this was something I was willing to get at some point.  

Honestly so many of them are so racist that Obama taking it would likely backfire and cause them to dig in deeper.

Ultimately, when they're denied entry to their work, to restaurants, to theatres, sporting events, other countries etc etc, they'll have no choice.

They should let Obama inoculate them all, just for s&g

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

In Alberta we stopped playing Mid March.  Started up Oct 1st and were shut down again a month later.......

• Cheers 1