The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

8 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Even if Obama broadcast it live, tinfoil hatters would still conspiracy conspiracy something that what was happening didn't happen. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/02/covid-vaccine-obama-will-take-doses-might-film-to-build-confidence.html?rss=1

Obama will take coronavirus vaccine and might film it to build confidence – ‘I trust this science’

• Former President Barack Obama said he will take a coronavirus vaccine once one is available.
  • Obama said he would be willing to film it, if that would build confidence in the U.S. about vaccine safety.
  • Obama’s comment came as numerous polls find many Americans are skeptical about getting a Covid-19 vaccine, potentially jeopardizing U.S. vaccination efforts to control the pandemic.

People will just claim that it is just a Dextrose injection and not the real vaccine

• Vintage 1

17 hours ago, Amebushi said:

No problem from me, I don’t work at the health authority and don’t mind restrictions such as the ones you have listed. I’m hoping they don’t limit things like concerts and travel (as they have not required any of the currently existing vaccines before...polio doesn’t sound a lot better than covid) but if they do I’m willing to accept that until I feel comfortable taking it. I think a lot of people complaining about their rights haven’t considered the rights of others. For example I absolutely have every right to not wear a mask...I just can’t shop anywhere as the stores have a right to refuse service to anyone not wearing a mask. I will always believe in my right to choose what goes into my body and what doesn’t but your correct that every choice come with consequences 

and thats great, thats a good way to look at it. Make your personal choices your own, thats how it should be. 

I think unfortunately a lot of people are going to wait too long and we'll see a 3rd wave. The vaccines so far sound like they can have moderate effects, e.g. people feeling a bit feverish or have mild symptoms for a day or two. No biggie, but enough to send our social media machine into full on panic mode I'm sure.

Yes the development curve has been shortened, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been tested on enough people. Don't forget, we're talking about 100s of thousands of volunteers. Normally that takes many years to compile, but this time there were a lot of folks willing to step up for. the rest of us. 

• Cheers 1

Some people are just ridiculous.  Put a thin piece of cloth over your face, or get a charge on your criminal record ?  tough choice

Another reminder that enforcement by employees can be risky business 

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/server-takes-glass-to-the-face-after-edmonton-pub-customer-reminded-of-mask-bylaw-1.5214695 

Server takes glass to the face after Edmonton pub customer reminded of mask bylaw

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Covid is now in a number of schools in Penticton here.

My oldest daughter goes to school, one class over from the brother of a kid who tested positive for the Penticton Vees.

Girls i've recently shot with at the local Earls (no you cannot see the photos) have tested positive en masse

My youngest had no less than 7 kids out of her class as of yesterday due to potential exposure.

So last night we had the longest talk about wearing masks every second they are in school period.  I've noticed without question that my youngest daughters school/class are not wearing masks in line or leaving school.  apparently not in class either.  Yesterday caught them blowing "frost breath smoke rings" at each other in line...

As a parent and realist I know getting this is essentially an inevitability.  But as a parent the idea fo my babies contracting this and potentially having life long issues scares me to my very core

Honestly, 60-70% of my day is spent on enforcement and compliance   

Italy reports record 993 coronavirus deaths in the last 24 hours, new record

Thu 3 Dec 2020 16:32:07 GMT

Daily Covid statistics from Italy

• new coronavirus deaths reach a record 993
  • cases for the day increase 23,225
Italy is a hotspot within Europe although the case count is falling from the early November highs of around 40K..

Early death count

US virus cases increase by nearly 200,000

Thu 3 Dec 2020 18:17:12 GMT

Today's CDC data

• Cases up 196,227 vs 152,022 yesterday
  • Deaths up 2762 vs 1251 yesterday
There is the usual rise at this time of the week so the acceleration isn't as bad as it looks. Still, these numbers are awful.
Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Vintage 1

COVID-19 in B.C.: 39 schools add new exposure dates in all five health regions #BC #BCed #Vancouver #COVID19BC #COVID19Vancouver

(img]3038392.png[/img]
Edited by debluvscanucks
The removed part of the message is spam at this point.

13 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Italy reports record 993 coronavirus deaths in the last 24 hours, new record

Thu 3 Dec 2020 16:32:07 GMT

Daily Covid statistics from Italy

• new coronavirus deaths reach a record 993
  • cases for the day increase 23,225
Italy is a hotspot within Europe although the case count is falling from the early November highs of around 40K..

Early death count

US virus cases increase by nearly 200,000

Thu 3 Dec 2020 18:17:12 GMT

Today's CDC data

• Cases up 196,227 vs 152,022 yesterday
  • Deaths up 2762 vs 1251 yesterday
There is the usual rise at this time of the week so the acceleration isn't as bad as it looks. Still, these numbers are awful.

call me crazy, but that graphs almost makes it look like lockdoiwns and restrictions work!

• Vintage 1

58 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Some people are just ridiculous.  Put a thin piece of cloth over your face, or get a charge on your criminal record ?  tough choice

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/server-takes-glass-to-the-face-after-edmonton-pub-customer-reminded-of-mask-bylaw-1.5214695 

Server takes glass to the face after Edmonton pub customer reminded of mask bylaw

start arresting these people

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

23 hours ago, Stelar said:

global pandemic arises which is killing all the world economies as well as hundreds of thousands of people, scientists work tirelessly to get a vaccine manufactured which is effective and deemed safe by scientists in their trials, begin to roll it out and some say, "nay, I'm good, I'll wait till my Facebook groups say it is ok to take" :picard:

yep. That is entirely within people's rights. The alternative is authoritarianism. 

1 hour ago, Chicken. said:

businesses need subsidized security through times like this. Some people are psycho's just looking for an altercation. 

• Cheers 1