The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

10 minutes ago, aGENT said:

He gonna get fired....

I hope he's never employed at any job in Canada again.  Mind you, if he gets COVID he may never be able to work at singing again anyway, would be karma to some degree.  I'm seriously shocked that he would take such a shocking stance.  He's dead to me now.  And if the Canucks don't fire him and he ever sings at a game I'm at, I'll boo as loud as possible when he's introduced.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, skategal said:

I hope he's never employed at any job in Canada again.  Mind you, if he gets COVID he may never be able to work at singing again anyway, would be karma to some degree.  I'm seriously shocked that he would take such a shocking stance.  He's dead to me now.  And if the Canucks don't fire him and he ever sings at a game I'm at, I'll boo as loud as possible when he's introduced.  

That may be a bit harsh. I'm pretty against the whole 'cancel culture' thing. I don't want the guy to become destitute.

But a company as public as the Canucks cannot afford to appear to condone such dangerous and irresponsible behavior. Bad PR mojo.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

When BC politicians use a pandemic virus for political gain..... there will be a narrative. 

fair point, Horgan does deserve criticism for that. But in terms of the virus having an alt-right conspiracy aspect no, thats total horse $&!#. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

That may be a bit harsh. I'm pretty against the whole 'cancel culture' thing. I don't want the guy to become destitute.

But a company as public as the Canucks cannot afford to appear to condone such dangerous and irresponsible behavior. Bad PR mojo.

Sigh...you're right.  Your response is much more reasoned than mine.  Thank you for that more adult perspective.  

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Just feel if you're in such a tenuous high profile position....just staying out of it all isn't the worst idea

Yep. Orr, Nicklaus, Kesler, Prust and now Donnelly.....they all must feel pretty strongly about things....otherwise, keeping your mouth shut is pretty easy to do....

• Cheers 4

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yep. Orr, Nicklaus, Kesler, Prust and now Donnelly.....they all must feel pretty strongly about things....otherwise, keeping your mouth shut is pretty easy to do....

Not to mention Bertuzzi moving to Vancouver if Biden wins. 

8 minutes ago, skategal said:

Sigh...you're right.  Your response is much more reasoned than mine.  Thank you for that more adult perspective.  

nah lets be pissy, its more fun :P

I'm just glad it wasn't Horvat. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I'll volunteer to shove a flashlight up his ads.

seriously tho, what a disappointing thing. I hope its fake news somehow. I don't wish any ill will on him at all, but &^@# man what the hell? 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

The last three days have seen 46 people die of COVID-19 in B.C., as more than 2,000 new cases of the disease were confirmed, Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry announced Monday.

A total of 2,354 cases from over the weekend were added to the province's total to date, which includes 277 historical cases that were previously missed because of a data reporting error in the Fraser Health region.

There are now a record number of 316 patients in hospital with the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, including 75 in critical care, out of 8,855 active cases — also the highest total to date.

Henry noted that this weekend's death toll is "the highest number we have ever had" as she paid an emotional tribute to those who have been lost and the family and friends they've left behind.

Not good.

Turns out my step-brother who's a fireman for Richmond, was talking to his niece. (Who had a tumour removed a few years ago from her brain, she's fine now, tough girl.)

Because of the surgery they classify her as having a pre-existing condition, so the doctor recommends wearing a mask anytime she's out.

My Step-bro get's all conspiracy talk, and says COVID is b.s. and doesn't exist.

This is a firefighter!!!! 

Ugh. I know I've been told Firemen aren't always the sharpest tools in the shed, but that's insane. 

• Cheers 1