Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak


CBH1926

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

Maybe not. Dow is back up hundreds in after hours trading; there's no end to the party when the Fed can print off unlimited money and continue to prop it up. It's not reflective of the state of the economy evidently.. 

Edited by Tortorella's Rant
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Give crack heads free drugs and places to shoot up expect them to die. At the minimum OD. Never a mention of the mental toll it takes on the first responders reviving these dead beats. 

Those dead beats could be your sibling, cousin  , or neighbour. 

 

Drug addiction is a disease that affects canadian families in all socio economic categories.... / ethnic groups.  

 

i have lost a friend and a cousin and both were holding down solid jobs. ONe owned his own great business..  and my cousin worked long term BC ferries.

Those dead beats to you were   loved by their families / loved ones and had hundreds of friends.... Treatment is the answer. Keep them alive with safe drugs until they are ready for treatment.

Instead we restrict  safe legal  drugs to them  .  This only  steers them towards  dangerous toxic street drugs that kill them. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

It is a medical issue / mental health issue.  Just give them safe prescribed drugs.... that come with mandatory counelling/ care.   Have available live in treatment centres open / ready for when they are wanting to make the positive change.   Treat them as sick people not as criminals. 

Already a thing.

The prescribed drugs don't give the level of euphoric high as street drugs so when they get money (like cerb), they drop the prescription meds and buy the street variety.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Haven’t seen this in a while, we have some  new countries on this list.
Also South America is looking bad, China is full of $&!# on these numbers.

Without friggin question.

 

Claiming no new cases in days or weeks.  Most populous nation in the planet.  Largest and busiest transit grid on the planet.

 

To claim no new cases or deaths for this long or only suggesting less than a dozen new cases of transmission over a weeks long period is utter crap

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Give crack heads free drugs and places to shoot up expect them to die. At the minimum OD. Never a mention of the mental toll it takes on the first responders reviving these dead beats. 

Who's getting free drugs?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Without friggin question.

 

Claiming no new cases in days or weeks.  Most populous nation in the planet.  Largest and busiest transit grid on the planet.

 

To claim no new cases or deaths for this long or only suggesting less than a dozen new cases of transmission over a weeks long period is utter crap

Nah, just an unexplainable huge spike in respiratory illnesses and or deaths.  Or pneumonia related issues.  If the CCP handled the JFK assassination was that he died of a self-inflicted wound.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 4:37 PM, BPA said:

Had lunch at Romers this afternoon with my co-worker.  Server was wearing a mask.  Place had social distancing measures in place.

 

My co-worker and I were not wearing a mask (cuz sidewalks and restaurant was not crowded).

 

I'll let you know if I got infected or not.

One week later.

 

Still feel fine.  No symptoms.

 

PS:  Family went to Cactus Club for dinner last Saturday.  Work masks going in and out.  No masks at the table (kinda hard to eat with it on).  Symptom free so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Duodenum said:

Already a thing.

The prescribed drugs don't give the level of euphoric high as street drugs so when they get money (like cerb), they drop the prescription meds and buy the street variety.

Then prescribe them the real deal - heroin.   Many addicts actually want H but can't find it in vancouver now  available on the streets.

 

 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2020 at 9:18 AM, IBatch said:

This is a shout out the CDC in general.  Has anyone noticed Alf posting ?  A month or so I queried this too - sorry if this is insensitive ahead of time - just a little worried about the furry fella is all.   Im not sure how to use the messaging aspect otherwise I’d try that channel.   Anyone?  Noticed this thread is getting the most traffic - didn’t want to make a thread...yet.   Need him back.  Hire Babcock and all.  Thanks CDC, not the easiest of times and would be pretty sad if we lose any members no matter the activity- but especially a regular champ like Alf.    Maybe just taking a sabatical? 

 

On 6/10/2020 at 9:26 AM, Wilbur said:

He still hasn't posted since March.  Not sure if he's taking a hiatus while hockey is gone.  That's what I hope at least.

No idea, but I will post this in his honor. 

 

alf.jpg.84e003421ccd9f1adbbbdaeecb1fa29c.jpg

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Nah, just an unexplainable huge spike in respiratory illnesses and or deaths.  Or pneumonia related issues.  If the CCP handled the JFK assassination was that he died of a self-inflicted wound.

No.  He tripped and fell on that bullet.  Twice

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Have a look at what Portugal has done with their (now, nonexistant) drug problem. Make ALL drugs legal. The 1920's taught us that prohibition does not work!

I'm shocked countries haven't followed suite yet.  The war on drugs is a waste of time, and money.

  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Have a look at what Portugal has done with their (now, nonexistant) drug problem. Make ALL drugs legal. The 1920's taught us that prohibition does not work!

Look at all the trouble Justin Trudeau had to go thru just to get weed declared legal  (not saying that I don't agree with you...just that I don't see that happening soon).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Nah, just an unexplainable huge spike in respiratory illnesses and or deaths.  Or pneumonia related issues.  If the CCP handled the JFK assassination was that he died of a self-inflicted wound.

Yes...very similar to the magic bullet. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

I'm shocked countries haven't followed suite yet.  The war on drugs is a waste of time, and money.

I'm literally listening to the band "The War On Drugs" right now.  They're an excellent band - "Under The Pressure" is a great song! 

  • Sedinery 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Look at all the trouble Justin Trudeau had to go thru just to get weed declared legal  (not saying that I don't agree with you...just that I don't see that happening soon).  

Decriminalizing all drugs (possession under a certain for obvious reasons), is a good place to help.  We have to work on getting rid of the stigma of addiction.  Make people more comfortable with seeking help.

  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • -SN- locked and unlocked this topic
  • -SN- featured and pinned this topic
  • -SN- unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...