The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 hours ago, stawns said:

my daughter was one of the ones doing that.

Good on her.  From the pics I've seen of the protests in Vancouver, it looks like a very high % of the peeps are wearing masks.  Smart folks doing the right thing.  It's more than obvious that there are things we can do to avoid catching the virus or passing it along to others.

• Vintage 3

56 minutes ago, IBatch said:

This is a shout out the CDC in general.  Has anyone noticed Alf posting ?  A month or so I queried this too - sorry if this is insensitive ahead of time - just a little worried about the furry fella is all.   Im not sure how to use the messaging aspect otherwise I’d try that channel.   Anyone?  Noticed this thread is getting the most traffic - didn’t want to make a thread...yet.   Need him back.  Hire Babcock and all.  Thanks CDC, not the easiest of times and would be pretty sad if we lose any members no matter the activity- but especially a regular champ like Alf.    Maybe just taking a sabatical? 

48 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

He still hasn't posted since March.  Not sure if he's taking a hiatus while hockey is gone.  That's what I hope at least.

I am hoping it's a computer issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I am hoping it's a computer issue.

Not sure what the privacy rules are - are Mods able to send him an email to check in?  Or is that not allowed?  I think we all register with an email when we sign up?  

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

52 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Good on her.  From the pics I've seen of the protests in Vancouver, it looks like a very high % of the peeps are wearing masks.  Smart folks doing the right thing.  It's more than obvious that there are things we can do to avoid catching the virus or passing it along to others.

I fully encouraged her to go, but was worried about the virus.  She said the vast majority were masked and social distancing was better than she expected.  I went to UVIC in the 90's and was front and centre to the Clayoquot Sound/Rain Forest protests, so I wanted to encourage her to experience using her voice.........her being there with that many people mid-pandemic kept me up at night though.

Edited by stawns
  • Huggy Bear 2

19 minutes ago, stawns said:

I fully encouraged her to go, but was worried about the virus.  She said the vast majority were masked and social distancing was better than she expected.  I went to UVIC in the 90's and was front and centre to the Clayoquot Sound/Rain Forest protests, so I wanted to encourage her to experience using her voice.........her being there with that many people mid-pandemic kept me up at night though.

How is your recovery going?  If you don't mind me asking.

WARNING

Public health is conveniently removing info about community spreads from their reports. They now list it as unknown epidemiological link or link unknown. Still accounts for 30% of cases. Also, highest number of cases in 20-59 age group. 69%

So as people ease their ways, and look like nothing is even happening, may I remind you that behind the daily riot diversions, there is a world pandemic making its rounds, killing people.

Stay safe, wash your hands, clothes and surfaces, keep your masks on and keep social distancing. This isn’t over. It is only the beginning.

Public Health Ontario

Edited by Me_
  • Vintage 1

32 minutes ago, Me_ said:

WARNING

Public health is conveniently removing info about community spreads from their reports. They now list it as unknown epidemiological link or link unknown. Still accounts for 30% of cases. Also, highest number of cases in 20-59 age group. 69%

So as people ease their ways, and look like nothing is even happening, may I remind you that behind the daily riot diversions, there is a world pandemic making its rounds, killing people.

Stay safe, wash your hands, clothes and surfaces, keep your masks on and keep social distancing. This isn’t over. It is only the beginning.

Public Health Ontario

That's a huge range.  They couldn't break that down anymore?

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Us Presidents That Have Died in Office

Elected    Name or President    Date of Death    Cause of Death    By who
1840        William H Harrison    Apr 4, 1841    Pneumonia
1848        Zachary Taylor        July 9, 1850    Bilious diarrhea or Bilious cholera
1860        Abraham Lincoln    Apr 15, 1865    Assassination        John Wilkes Booth    
1880        James A. Garfield    Sep 19, 1881    Assassination        Charles J. Guiteau        

1900         William McKinley    Sep 14, 1901    Assassination        Leon Czolgosz
1920        Warren G. Harding    Aug 2, 1923    Heart Attack ?    
1940        Franklin D. Roosevelt    Ap12, 1945    Cerebral Hemorrhage    
1960        John F. Kennedy    Nov 22, 1963    Assassination        Lee Harvey Oswald + ?
What about the next two Presidents who were elected in a year ending in “0” ?
1980        Ronald Reagan    Mar 30, 1981    Attempted Assassination,  John Hinkley Jr.
2000        George W. Bush    May 10, 2005    Attempted Assassination,  by Vladimir Arutyunian, in Tbilisi, Georgia. He threw a live Soviet-made RGD-5 hand grenade toward the podium. The grenade had its pin pulled, but did not explode because a red tartan handkerchief was wrapped tightly around it, preventing the safety lever from detaching.

Interesting, 4 died of assassinations,  4 died of natural causes, 2 had attempted assassinations. All of this list, except for Zachary Taylor were elected in a year ending in “0”. It’s absolutely a fluke, I know. Lists can be cherry-picked from anything. A lot more presidents had Attempted Assassinations done to them. But both of the presidential candidates are well into their 70's.

• -SN- locked and unlocked this topic
  • -SN- featured and pinned this topic
  • -SN- unfeatured this topic