The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Shames | January 18, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, We_Are_All_Canucks_4_life said:

I get why he didn't want anything to do with kassian, but man someone else needs to try and knock some sense into him. But then he would fall like he was shot and turtle up unless the refs were holding the other player.

Which is why someone should just Bertuzzi him and ensure that he doesn't have a choice in the matter.

1 minute ago, khay said:

It's just game 4... Why wait until PGT?

Seriously, it's just game 4. But I am concerned about our intensity. I missed the first period so maybe it wasn't too bad in the 1st? Almost no hitting, no physicality.

It's as if though our players are not as hungry as the previous season where they felt like they had to prove themselves.

This season is going to be unlike any other and we will have to bring it every game or bye-bye playoffs. 

The “It’s just game 4” posts would pass if the team lost while actually putting up a fight.

Agree with everything you said. This is brutal. PP. PK. 5on5. Defence.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Trade for a goon.

Reaves.

Wilson.

Idgaf we need someone that isn’t afraid to throw a hit.

What!! Petey has mastered one timers, slap passes, dangling pucks, getting his 200ft game up to par...... now he's working on his checking and gooning abilities. Practice makes perfect.B)

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Kesler was as embarrassing when he dived, same with Burrows. I don’t recollect ever stating that they made me proud as a fan when they did that. Tkachuk also has zero respect for other players safety. 

You either like it or you don't. Its effective and I like winning.

Dont kid yourself. Marchand doesnt lose any sleep over what he did in the finals. I doubt tkachuk will tonight either.

• Like 1

Just now, Apricot said:

Omg no no no, I didnt mean it like that! It makes me laugh, its always funny remembering that moment and every time y'all call me out for it, its genuinely hilarious. 

Okay good. Thought I really put my foot in my mouth for a minute. But in all fairness I do it fairly often. ::D

• Haha 1

Caught up to the live game from the PVR again.

My read is the Canucks deserved to up more than one goal after the first. Then they started playing as if they had indeed scored three goals in the first. :mellow:

Petey....we all love him. All the talent you would want and the hockey brain to go with it. But....and I feared this might be the case when he said he was 176lbs coming into this season....he doesn’t seem appreciably stronger on his skates than last season...or even his first. I mean, he tries to play with physicality but it seems he is trying to cash cheques his body/frame just can’t cash. Teams are REALLY leaning into him hard....and you can’t blame them for doing so.

Positives? Virtanen and Juolevi have impressed me. 

Winning the turd might not be enough for the win....but give us some hope that a turnaround is near at least, eh boys?

Just now, khay said:

It's just game 4... Why wait until PGT?

Seriously, it's just game 4. But I am concerned about our intensity. I missed the first period so maybe it wasn't too bad in the 1st? Almost no hitting, no physicality.

It's as if though our players are not as hungry as the previous season where they felt like they had to prove themselves.

This season is going to be unlike any other and we will have to bring it every game or bye-bye playoffs. 

The first period was the Canucks on a regular day.

The second period was the Canucks on a good day in 1998.

8 minutes ago, b3. said:

You all complain about Tkachuk, but seem to forget the antics Kesler and Burrows pulled for years that we all cheered for?

Not so fun when they don’t play on your team..

I have zero issue with Tkachuk 

i have a huge issue with our lack of response  to him 

• Like 1

Just now, J-23 said:

The “It’s just game 4” posts would pass if the team lost while actually putting up a fight.

Agree with everything you said. This is brutal. PP. PK. 5on5. Defence.

and its a condensed schedule. so 4 games is like 10 in the regular season. 

• Huggy Bear 1