The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Lames | February 17, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

REFEREES

Kendrick Nicholson #30
KN30.jpg
Marc Joannette #25
MJ25.jpg
Games ’20-21 12 13
Games ’19-20 (Reg/PO) 62 / 0 63 / 8
Career Games (Reg/PO) 327 / 0 1375 / 168
First NHL Game 1/17/15 10/1/99
Birthplace Milverton, ON Verdun, QC

LINESMEN

Mark Shewchyk #92
MS92.jpg
Derek Nansen #70
DN70.jpg
Games ’20-21 13 15
Games ’19-20 (Reg/PO) 63 / 14 63 / 9
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1151 / 59 1137 / 61
First NHL Game 10/9/03 10/11/02
Birthplace Waterdown, ON Ottawa, ON
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

People can complain about how the lead was played by a white guy (though the character was supposed to be half white) but the fact remains that show employed ALOT of Asians in roles other than their stereotypical characters they usually played on TV at the time (e.g.., Hey Boy on Have Gun Will Travel & Hop Sing on Bonanza).  A TV show ahead of it's time imho.

The show did ok, I'd have liked to seen the version Bruce Lee  proposed. Carradine did ok, but I'll always wonder.

• Cheers 2

53 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Possibly......but no one is going to trade for a player that only plays like them !

also i thought we were still trying to win,  last game Jake did a goof , like a few others, but if he can play  rough with the PUKE, then he should be in the lineup!

• Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Love it. I binge watched the first 2 seasons. Then the same on season 3 when it came out.

Fight scene at the end of season one in the school was classic. All I pictured was the brawl I started in our lunch room back in grade 8 (circa 1993). There were no round houses or flying knee drops but a lot of hay makers and upper cuts. I ended up with a broken hand and quite a few enemies. Ahhh the good ol days. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

When did Phil Collins change his name to Derek Nansen and become an NHL linesman? 

Watch Lorde's Haunting Cover Of Phil Collins' 'In The Air Tonight' - Music Feeds

Phil Collins Vancouver connection: "Phil Collins was married to Andrea Bertorelli from 1975 to 1980. They met as 11-year-old students in a London drama class, but her family moved to Canada when she was 18. They reconnected when Genesis performed in Vancouver, and they married in England when both were 24." 

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by RWMc1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Ralph Macchio tells the story how when he was cast for the role in Karate Kid, they had to change the character’s name by adding a bunch of vowels :lol:.   Talk about a series revisited does the original movie franchise honor!  I suggest anybody who hasn’t seen Cobra Kai, give it a shot if you were a fan of the movies.

Honestly better than the movies imo. I was always cheering for Johnny, even in the originals haha

• Cheers 2