The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 19, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, JoshuaGuy said:

He needs to move his feet, stop falling down and shoot the &^@#in puck when he has a chance. Sit him, show him his idiotic play and see if that motivates him. 

Something not right with him...  think its more than a confidence issue.   He not handling the puck well, his skating is choppy, hes making too many turnovers.  He looks 15 percent of the player he did last 2 seasons. 

6 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

How the **** is that 4 on 4?????

And how do players interpret that call?  You can attack another team's youngest talented players, no matter the size difference, and if the other team responds, so what?   The refs will even everything up.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, JoshuaGuy said:

He needs to move his feet, stop falling down and shoot the &^@#in puck when he has a chance. Sit him, show him his idiotic play and see if that motivates him. 

Decision making comes with confidence, confidence comes form result, result comes from hard work and from time to time, luck. He leads the league in posts this season. And for some reason, he just doesn't play well against Canadian teams since his rookie season. When you don't get results after working hard, you start second guessing yourself and start squeezing his sticks a little tighter and make bad decisions with the puck. I just think facing a team he has success against will benefit him to snap out of the slump. Because of this dumb &^@# division, none of the teams he enjoy playing against are available. Instead he gets to play against teams he struggles with over and over and over again.

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Nope.   Coming back at him is one thing....multiple crosschecks then targeting him at the end of the game is another.  That's the stuff that gets players injured...roid rage material.  He's a goon....another Frankenstein out there targeting a young player half his size.

Refs could just go home then, save the league some money if they're not going to call the game.  They have one job and if they're not going to call stuff, who needs them out there getting in the way?

That game was fast and wide open and it's because they let stuff go and let them play.  There's nothing exciting about endless power plays.

It's hockey, not cricket

As a long time amateur and a long time hockey fan I hate how big guys get walked. It's my most hated play in hockey by far. Mistakes win and lose games and that's a big one. 

You could put that on an analyzer. It's just brutal.

I hate to make of fun of fat people but he could of used some pears or tacos, or a death blast there.

You ever heard the expression "fat between the brains", it refers to oversized people, not because their brains are lacing, yet some of our d can't embrace the 2.

Edited by Gawdzukes

1 minute ago, Dogcrazy said:

Sadly this team has no toughness...

I can't believe I am saying this, but Pettersson is quite garbage more often than not this season.  

tonight was Petterssons worst game as a Canuck imo. I've never seen soo many plays die on his stick. If it wasn't dying on his stick he would be falling down from a slight breeze.