The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 23, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Most of our D have been pretty good defensively for the most part.

Ive had more issue with our forwards defensive play to be honest.

Green has had all season to figure it out and O don’t see the “trending in the right direction” like he claims.

I see a team that coughs up the puck every time they’re pressured.

The team seems to want to pass its way out of the D zone and it back fires practically every time. They seem scared to chip it up the boards or ice the puck when the heats really on. I’ve seen practically every player now get us in trouble this way 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Deets said:

So let me get this straight.

a) Players are absolutely pathetic and don't care despite scoring 3 goals

b) Top line is trash despite Petey managing to get second star with 2 points

c) Canucks constantly have possession, but they lose the puck because they suck and don't care.

d) Goaltending is the reason we lost, even though it's the other players that suck and don't care.

f) Again, complete lack of efford in the second, despite being up 3-1 in the third.

Just trying to understand why they didn't win and you seem to have all the answers. Thanks.

Hah. Try reading. Please. You sure love to insert things I did not say. 

a) I said the players DON'T SEEM to care. But of course, you just leave that little detail out right? Gotta make sure your post looks good so you can one up me. 

b) Lol. The top line was scored on what, twice this game? WOAH but PETEY GOT TWO POINTS! THEY'RE INCREDIBLE!! They definitely haven't looked like complete &^@#ing dog$&!# the entire season. There's absolutely zero stats to back that up either. Christ. 

c) Again, talking about the FIRST LINE, but of course, just like the rest of your post, you're inserting things I never said LMAO. AND I QUOTE: " The first line seriously just needs to be broken up. For a LONG time. The amount of times they have the puck in the offensive zone and just turn it over because they aren't even close to being on the same page is absurd. Constantly have possession only to skate it into each other and lose all space and lose the battle." I guess you used some magic to translate to that to "but they lose the puck because they suck and don't care." Well done.

d) Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Weird. Last I checked I never said goaltending was why they lost? And I quote " Putrid goaltending changing the dynamic of the game. " I guess that somehow translates to you that means they lost because of it. Second part of point D is yet again referencing points I never said!! Wow

f) Sorry, last I checked I said SECOND AND THIRD. HMM. Weird. It's almost like there's this trend of you making $&!# up that I didn't say. 

Jesus christ this post is almost as bad as the Canucks. You're seriously going to make up garbage that I did not say just as some aggressive one up competition? What a joke.

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So you believe Benning just acquired a bunch of horrible defenseman?

Or is it more plausible that the systems and the strategies this coaching staff deploys is the problem.

The fact that Schmidt cant figure out how to play in this teams system makes me think it’s the latter.

Agree with you 100% 

10 minutes ago, Dogcrazy said:

As bas as Miller looks, he still seems to be our best forward in regards to creating chances offensively.  This is how bad our team is.  

I think he and Toffer would have been great co-leaders for this fairly young forward group. I believe he remains pissed about the team’s asset management style & is missing his former wingman...a lot. 

Edited by viking mama
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Yeah - I may love Cheech - but even I would never dip my pizza in ketchup.

Good hockey talk, though.

I'd prefer you answered the question about Horvat and no leadership  = the possibility of actual discussion there.

I’ve shared my opinion already - If you’re chomping at the bit to share yours. Have at it - you don’t need my permission.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

If we sell we better start selling much earlier than that. Teams won't pay to have players for about a week after quarantine period.  The longer we wait the less return we get.

it's easy to say - but there are very, very few deals being made  -and as the deadline approaches, teams get injuries, etc and/or have a better idea of both their chances and their team needs.

I disagree that any return is going to necessarily decrease over time - we don't know that - the opposite could also be true.

the real incentive for selling Pearson now imo is not the return, it's the cap savings that can be banked to do away with ELC bonus cap up front the season.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Didn't see the young guys taking selfish momentum-shifting penalties (roussel), lazy rally-killing ones ( myers), or dragging their asses back to the bench so slow, they gave up an odd man rush (Miller).

I wonder how the young guys will appreciate being the scapegoats for all that.

Edited by DIBdaQUIB
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

24 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

People said the same thing about Henrik and Naslund.

Canucks fans only love you when you’re winning.

Bo’s post game comments are not the problem here. The teams overall lack of belief in the systems are the problem.

Heh you can see it.

Guy touches the puck, and 100 white boards appear in his mind's eye, 99 of them screaming DROP PASS, and the other is the directions to HR.

Edited by xereau
  • Haha 3