The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

12 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Rough re-introduction with loads of back to backs after not playing for so long and possibly some coming out of Covid, it's a bit unfair to the players but I suppose they'd want to play.

I expect us to lose 75% of these games, we're going to get battered. Shame because we're 8 points back of the Habs and you never know, without Covid and time constraints (and Montreal slipping) anything could have happened, but this outbreak has ended any hope we had.

Even if by miraculous circumstances they make the playoffs, they will have nothing in the tank to win round 1. 

Reminds me of the short stick they got vs Vegas during the BLM protests and had to play back to back games. They simply didn't have the depth like Vegas. 

7 minutes ago, gurn said:

I don't see 6 games in a row?

2 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Yea, I don't understand why the calendar is different from the schedule on this link.  I hope it isn't 6 in a row:

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/canucks-season-resumes/c-323495968

seems to be in flux a bit, but hopefully  ^this on is correct. Still a brutal schedule tho. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I hope fans lay off if we tumble. it’s not going to be the coaches or anyone’s fault. That’s a lot of games. If anyone says no excuses they should be fired from CDC.

Having said that excited and I hope the players are too. Hopefully this is the right thing and there’s no troubles

hopefully the #fire green thing can calm down, and we can just enjoy watching some of the younger guys play. 

best thing that could happen is for Holtby to stand on his head and get Seattle interested.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

I hope they don't push them before they're ready.

I know these are young, super fit athletes but this is such an unknown.

I am dying without hockey, but can wait until the time's right.

With that....I guess they have good medical advisors.   I know they're intent on getting all 56 games in but not at anyone's expense for sure.  I guess Dr. Bonnie & Adrian have weighed in?  What a weird time we're in.

a back to back  right from the get go.  Nhl at i finest caring so much about the the players, lets not just ease them into it . grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

I bet the players are stoked to get back in playing. For most of these guys is probably just felt like a of a bad cold or maybe flu. Not suggesting it wasn’t serious but who knows how affected the players were just because they tested positive. The rest might’ve actually benefitted some of them.Good luck boys. will be behind you.