The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Bo fan said:

The other point I thought was interesting was the way he answered the Green  coaching contract.  Makes me thin k he may not get re signed but I was wrong once before

Team would be insane not to weight their options with Green's contract running out.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Clark is coming back.  Green I don't think so...

Even worse is if Brown and Baumer come back.  We would be better off finishing the season without coaches than allowing those two idiots to cause further damage to our young players.  I seriously question the judgement of anyone who thinks either of those clowns are qualified to coach at any level, let alone the NHL.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Jake Patterson's question at 8:00 is Bang on;  "What does J.B. actually see in Pearson to warrant am extension?     I'm still trying to figure that out too !

IMO, not a smart move re-signing another old timer on the decline to a three year boat anchor contract.

6 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

I think Jim is suffering from ptsd after last summer and is afraid of missing out. Actually the fear of missing out is driving all these ufa decisions since the beginning and the reluctance of cutting Jake loose. 

Well said and another perfect example of JB being unable to think outside the box and just ends up resigning the same old - same old because its simpler.   Letting Tofolli walk and keeping Lazy Jake (for close to the same money) after giving up a high draft pick is another example among many, of him being unable to shake up the lineup properly and get some descent supporting players signed to play alongside our few star players.  What T F was he thinking keeping Lazy Jake??????

Aside from our AHL caliber coach and lazy Jake, just look at the "B Grade" talent were stuck with from Roussel, Motte, Beagle, Benn, Sutter and Luck Loui E. to name a few.   All a bunch of "Swell Guys" but part of the worst bottom 6 and weak defense in the entire National Hockey League.  This teams needs to complete a major purge that started last year and get rid of and BEEF/SIZE-UP the entire bottom 6 including Pearson and Lazy Jake and get another 2 half descent defensemen that can actual get a goal more than once every 30 games !

Until then, this team has zero chance of going anywhere.

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Even worse is if Brown and Baumer come back.  We would be better off finishing the season without coaches than allowing those two idiots to cause further damage to our young players.  I seriously question the judgement of anyone who thinks either of those clowns are qualified to coach at any level, let alone the NHL.

***********************POST OF THE MONTH************************

(..............don't forget Green has to go too!)

5 hours ago, xereau said:

Team would be insane not to weight their options with Green's contract running out.

No way on earth that Green is coming back - especially after the severe decline in the team performance this year.    He was completely unable to get the team ready and prepped for this season (despite every single other team being in the same boat) which resulted in two completely devastating months of failure and losses to start the season not to mention the worst month of professional hockey ever played in years - with only 2 wins in the entire month of February!  What a disgrace.  

He can walk and go back to the AHL or ECHL where he belongs.

51 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Man, Brown, no matter how good the PP is has some really glaring eye test results. One thing I'll tell you is it can be hard to pull the trigger when being the shotgun man, because it seems like you know when you can't score when the goalie has it covered, hypothetically. No matter how good you are as a player you have to let that Howlitzler fly to make the goalie on edge, the other players react shorthanded, to let your teammates re-act with the man advantage, and to possibly score goals on pure shots, as well as rebounds.

Brown hasn't been able to get Petterson, Hughes, Miller, Bo, and Boeser to their full potential. He hasn't let Petey fly!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

No way on earth that Green is coming back - especially after the severe decline in the team performance this year.    He was completely unable to get the team ready and prepped for this season (despite every single other team being in the same boat) which resulted in two completely devastating months of failure and losses to start the season not to mention the worst month of professional hockey ever played in years - with only 2 wins in the entire month of February!  What a disgrace.  

He can walk and go back to the AHL or ECHL where he belongs.

RU SERIOUS?

It’s just so compelling to see someone suggest coaching as the biggest issue this team has. You sound like a homeless drug addict blaming society. 

I’m a huge supporter of 95% of the coaching in the league over the last 30 years. 95% of the time it’s the players, not the coaches. If a professional athlete needs a coach to prepare them for a hockey game while being paid millions of dollars then those aren’t professionals and those aren’t players you want on your team. Coaching changes are the biggest cop out in hockey. Look at Buffalo and Calgary for example, what a turnaround. 

So I caught the 2nd interview Benning did on Sportnet later in the day.  He point blank  said he has info  media does not know  when they questioned his reasons for sursuing the Pearson contract but he did not elaborate. Also indicated they wanted to resign the coaching staff.  Found it more interesting then the 1st interview he did with the team doctor.  I really wanted to listen to it a 2nd time and count the number of times he said "you know". I hadn't noticed that before.

Sounds like most of the team is on the upside of covid now though. Hope no one else gets this.

23 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

He point blank  said he has info  media does not know  when they questioned his reasons for sursuing the Pearson contract but he did not elaborate.

Firstly, of course he has info we don't, unfortunately a lot of people forget this.

My guesses are:

He 's been told Loui is retiring

He's been told Beagle is going to miss a season with injury

The league told him the Louongo re capture is going to be cancelled

Already reached an amazing verbal agreement with Edler for a single season deal

Has a trade lined up, providing the team gets healthy enough to do the deal.

• Cheers 2

12 hours ago, Bo fan said:

The other point I thought was interesting was the way he answered the Green  coaching contract.  Makes me thin k he may not get re signed but I was wrong once before

Very astute. I found that one of things you can read between the lines with. He was very non-committal. In fact that's what I think he kept glancing at off to his right side. It was probably reminders of what not to say of things the apple dumpling gang could grab a hold of. 

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

So I caught the 2nd interview Benning did on Sportnet later in the day.  He point blank  said he has info  media does not know  when they questioned his reasons for sursuing the Pearson contract but he did not elaborate. Also indicated they wanted to resign the coaching staff.  Found it more interesting then the 1st interview he did with the team doctor.  I really wanted to listen to it a 2nd time and count the number of times he said "you know". I hadn't noticed that before.

Sounds like most of the team is on the upside of covid now though. Hope no one else gets this.

Umm, you know, ummm, this fan base, ummm, it's full of idiots. Ummm, don't really want say anything because idiots are going, ummm, Canadians are smart, this fan base, hmmmm, it doesn't matter what I say these no account idiots will crucify me anyway. hmmmm. hockey you hmmm, you wouldn't understand, hmmm, family ... hmmm, no they don't get that either.

Haha, Let those morons at CDC and Hockey Assholes chew on that. Haaaaaaaaaaaa, :metal:

Newsflash: Just because you love hockey, or you're in your 20's or you're a teenager in Canada, it doesn't make you special or smarter than JB, just because you have a computer and your mom pays your wifi bill. But I digress.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, gurn said:

Firstly, of course he has info we don't, unfortunately a lot of people forget this.

My guesses are:

He 's been told Loui is retiring

He's been told Beagle is going to miss a season with injury

The league told him the Louongo re capture is going to be cancelled

Already reached an amazing verbal agreement with Edler for a single season deal

Has a trade lined up, providing the team gets healthy enough to do the deal.

You are sure getting my hopes up.  I’d be happy if just the Loui/Lu elements are true.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

You know, I would "you know" fire Benning "you know" on the spot "you know" just to stop "you know" hearing "you know". "You know?"

:emot-parrot:

You know what? Post a video of you public speaking if you're so great as to poke fun of others. Show us how you are so elegant, how you are you are so grand that you can look down upon others, the conveyor of perfected ideas if you will. You know, show us how it's done ... oh great one. 

[praise your jewelry ladies and gentleman]

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

38 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Umm, you know, ummm, this fan base, ummm, it's full of idiots. Ummm, don't really want say anything because idiots are going, ummm, Canadians are smart, this fan base, hmmmm, it doesn't matter what I say these no account idiots will crucify me anyway. hmmmm. hockey you hmmm, you wouldn't understand, hmmm, family ... hmmm, no they don't get that either.

Haha, Let those morons at CDC and Hockey Assholes chew on that. Haaaaaaaaaaaa, :metal:

Newsflash: Just because you love hockey, or you're in your 20's or you're a teenager in Canada, it doesn't make you special or smarter than JB, just because you have a computer and your mom pays your wifi bill. But I digress.

I lived in TO for 5 years (Big mistake, I know) from 99-04. For as arrogant as Leaf fans are, and how much they drink the Kool aid. I still won't forget being on the streetcar going to work. There was a bunch of elementary school kids discussing hockey. I was rather amazed at how good they were at breaking down the game, and how knowledgable they were. 

But yes, they weren't GM's, and they still had hope eternal that the Leafs would win the cup. 

Still took a lot of self-restraint if I went to a pub to watch a Leafs vs. Canucks game. Two bastards were at the bar, bashing Vancouver players. Oddly enough they only mentioned like 1970's and 80's players. My blood was really boiling when they bashed Stan Smyl. I left after the second period to watch at home. Had to bite my tongue a LOT.

(The food at the pub, and the cute waitress made up for it...)

12 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Clark? Yes. The rest?

No, no, no, no, no..

Just so you guys know. He’s going to say that regardless. He’s not going to say the plan is to let them go when there’s still games to be played I’ll tell you that.

However my opinion is Ian has got to be the top priority over the other 3, not a doubt about it. I would also be cool if Green came back but with some new experienced assistants. Not sure bringing them all back is the greatest idea though 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

You know what? Post a video of you public speaking if you're so great as to poke fun of others. Show us how you are so elegant, how you are you are so grand that you can look down upon others, the conveyor of perfected ideas if you will. You know, show us how it's done ... oh great one. 

[praise your jewelry ladies and gentleman]

Learn to take a joke.

For the record, I have a few trophies and awards at home for public speaking and performances so...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Still took a lot of self-restraint if I went to a pub to watch a Leafs vs. Canucks game. Two bastards were at the bar, bashing Vancouver players. Oddly enough they only mentioned like 1970's and 80's players. My blood was really boiling when they bashed Stan Smyl. I left after the second period to watch at home. Had to bite my tongue a LOT.

Too bad it wasn't this game:

or this game: